ECG: Either way, Sandiganbayan verdict on Erap spells big trouble for GMA,by PAPARAZZI 88 (no login)
Date: September 12, 2007
By: Valiente Rodriguez
ECG: Either way, Sandiganbayan verdict on Erap spells big trouble for GMA,
Quezon City -- Former presidentiable Eddie Gil today said that whether the Sandiganbayan finds deposed President Joseph Erap Estrada guilty or not of the plunder charges and other anomalies he has been accused of having committed, President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo will face a big trouble.
If the Sandiganbayans decision is for Estradas acquittal, ECG says, That would mean that Mrs. Arroyos presidency after his ouster was illegal and therefore invalid,said ECG.
On the other hand, if Erap is found guilty, the pro-Erap forces would strongly protest the decision and might even suspect that the Arroyo administration has had a hand in influencing it, he added.
The Sandiganbayan is slated to hand down its decision on Wednesday, Sept. 12.
Eddie Gil warned of an impending chaos that could result from the mass media announcement of the graft courts decision, saying that both pro-administration and pro-Erap sympathizers may clash in a turbulent situation that could grow into a more serious problem if it is not handled properly.
Im still hoping that there would be no violence and, much less, bloodshed, that may be an aftermath of the Sandiganbayan decision, he said.
Whatever violent upheaval may result will not be good for our country, as it would re-open old wounds, further disunite our country and people, as well as discourage foreign investors and tourists, said ECG. These, aside from bloodshed that could occur.
Of course, Mrs. Arroyo and her advisers are aware of the scenarios that could crop up whether the courts finding is favorable to Estrada or not, he said, and they have been making feverish preparations in anticipation of either acquittal or conviction.
More importantly, however, Gloria believes that if Erap is finally found to be guilty, she personally considers that the case will set a precedence that could be applied to herself and her husband, Atty. Miguel Mike Arroyo who has been accused of having been involved, directly or indirectly, in cases similar to those of Eraps, ECG said.
Mrs. Arroyo is worried sick that if Erap is convicted and is sentenced to life imprisonment, she knows that when she steps down from Malacanang upon expiration of her term, the same fate could await her as she and some of her Cabinet officials, as well as her husband Atty. Mike Arroyo -- have been linked to various large-scale anomalies,
She has all the reasons to suffer from anxiety, he said.
That is why as early as last year, Glorias propagandists had floated the idea of a presidential pardon for Estrada, in case of conviction, ECG said.
Insisting on his innocence, Estrada for his part -- has rejected the idea of a presidential pardon which, he says, is an admission of his guilt should he accept it.
Thousands of policemen and soldiers are planned to be deployed at various points in Metro Manila and nearby provinces starting Wednesday in anticipation of mass protests and demonstrations. #
(By: Valiente Rodriguez News Correspondent Manila Today)
Posted on Sep 11, 2007, 2:37 PM
from IP address 22.214.171.124
Respond to this message
Goto Forum HomeResponses
- THE CHARGE OF PLUNDER WAS DESIGNED TO KEEP ERAP BEHIND BARS.. Napanice, Sep 11, 2007, 2:56 PM
- ESL! ESL! Bwahahahahahahahawr! Funneee!. UNBLOCKABLE PIG, Sep 11, 2007, 3:50 PM
- Kanopanice, Paparazzi's post shows how to deactivate the Stolen Article Alert.. UNBLOCKABLE PIG, Sep 11, 2007, 3:54 PM
- We must face the verdict of Sandiganbayan. PAPARAZZI 88, Sep 11, 2007, 5:09 PM
- WE MUST ALSO ENSURE THAT THE VERDICT IS NOT POLITICIZED.. Napanice, Sep 11, 2007, 6:11 PM
- What is this "WE" business? YOU ARE AMERICAN! Stay away from us!. UNBLOCKABLE PIG, Sep 11, 2007, 6:14 PM
- Preaching! Amboy is preaching! Bwahahahahahawr!. UNBLOCKABLE PIG, Sep 11, 2007, 6:16 PM
- To all Filipino People please we must accept the verdict of the Sandiganbayan. PAPARAZZI, Sep 11, 2007, 5:14 PM
- IF YOU KNOW YOU'RE INNOCENT, WILL YOU ACCEPT A GUILTY VERDICT?. Napanice, Sep 11, 2007, 5:33 PM
- You are not on trial, Kanopanice, but you are preaching.. UNBLOCKABLE PIG, Sep 11, 2007, 5:36 PM
- OF COURSE I'M NOT ON TRIAL SLUGGO, YOU'RE THE ONE WHO KEEPS GETTING YOUR TURD BLOCKED.. Napanice, Sep 11, 2007, 5:40 PM
- YES, I'M BLOCKED. I'M NOT POSTING THIS. BWAHAHAHAWR!. UNBLOCKABLE PIG, Sep 11, 2007, 5:44 PM
- Folks, if y'all will note, Kanopanice sidetracked the issue of his preaching.. UNBLOCKABLE PIG, Sep 11, 2007, 5:49 PM
- IF YOU KNOW YOU'RE INNOCENT, WILL YOU ACCEPT A GUILTY VERDICT?.. Napanice, Sep 11, 2007, 5:55 PM
- Your question is wasted. His camp already stated, "all the way to the Supreme Court!". UNBLOCKABLE PIG, Sep 11, 2007, 5:59 PM
- TOTALLY CROSS EYED RESPONSE. YOU'RE ASKED A QUESTION, SLUGGO!!. Napanice, Sep 11, 2007, 6:05 PM
- These are for you, Amboy: ~O^0~. UNBLOCKABLE PIG, Sep 11, 2007, 6:13 PM
- (2) Your question is wasted. His camp already stated, "all the way to the Supreme Court!".. UNBLOCKABLE PIG, Sep 11, 2007, 6:19 PM
- So, are you preaching or not? Bwahahahahahahawr!. UNBLOCKABLE PIG, Sep 11, 2007, 6:00 PM
- I'd rather accept Kanopanice's verdict because he's always right and knows everything!. UNBLOCKABLE PIG, Sep 11, 2007, 5:34 PM
- THE VERDICT SAYS VIETCONG PIG IS GUILTY OF BLOCKED PIG TURD.. Napanice, Sep 11, 2007, 5:44 PM
- EGO ALERT! EGO ALERT! Bwahahahahahawr!. UNBLOCKABLE PIG, Sep 11, 2007, 5:47 PM