Do you really believe the polls done by "FALSE" Asia to be true and unbiased? At one time, FALSE Asia's survey said that MORE THAN 50% of the FILIPINOS want PEOPLE POWER. Just assume there are 50million Filipinos. 50 percent of 50milyon is 25milyon. UMABOT NA BA NG 25 MILYONG TAO ANG DUMATING SA TAWAG NG MGA PARI AT NI CORY AT MGA???? Eh ni 1 MILLION nga eh wala pang dumadalo sa mga rally na yan. Then we find out that some of the opposition people are behind the survey. SHAME SHAME. People are so easily manipulated.
No matter how much you hate the President, and how misinformed & gullible you are (majority of the Filipinos), you cannot deny these facts attributed to PGMA:
1. that investors are investing in our economy, buying our currency & coming fast and furious to our shores
2. foreign businesses are setting up shop here & some who left are returning now
3. GMA is working d@mn hard to get concessions from foreign govts and solicit businesses from them more than any president before her, bar none. Every time she leaves the country she brings home a big package to the Filipino people (jobs, jobs, and more jobs) - those are not just junkets
4. that we have over $30 BILLION foreign reserve which is unprecedented - this prevents currency raiders to bring our economy down willy-nilly
5. inflation is at an all-time low and almost non-existent
6. GMA is the only president who generated over 1.09 MILLION jobs & increasing in the first five months of 2005 alone. GMA is targeting to create 5 to 10 MILLION MORE JOBS!!! All the presidents combined did not even come close - all the previous presidents COMBINED were only able to produced around 300,000 jobs.
7. the Philippines is now paying debts even before they are due
8. that our government will balance the budget in 2008, two years ahead of schedule to save on the interest of debt service and ensure investment in vital social and economic needs
9. during her term, extreme hunger and poverty dropped to 27.6 percent in 2004 from 34.5 percent in 1990 - UN & Social Weather Station support that
10. in a span of one year 5,260 barangays was energized and 8,020 waterless households were served in Metro Manila - this is part of GMA's Electricity and Water for all.
11. 300 million pesos loans was granted by President Arroyo to almost 50,000 college students under the Students Assistance for Education for Strong Republic (SAFE-4-SR)
12. in a very short time, the President was able to built 10,765 classrooms and 3,334 public high schools with computers. 2,000 indigent famillies under the Iskolar ng Mahirap na Pamilya received Certificates of Educational Assistance from the President.
13. in 2004, our country was ranked as the 24th largest economy by the World Bank according to purchasing power parity. It is the fastest-growing economy in Southeast Asia, posting a GDP growth rate of 7.5% in the second quarter of 2007, and has been compared to the economy of India in its sudden and rapid growth.
14. unemploymet rate went down from 10.4% in 2003 to 7.9% in 2007.
15. we are the biggest producer of geothermal power in Asia and I think 2nd in the WORLD! Even President Clinton praised GMA for that.
16. stocks are at an all-time high
17. tourism is on the rise
18. real-estate value is rapidly increasing
19. for all the talk about China being the world’s factory, the fact remains that the Philippine manufacturing sector has been doing well at 4-percent to 5-percent growth rates in the last three years
Posted on Dec 20, 2007, 6:22 PM from IP address 184.108.40.206