CyberForum

IS JOE DE VENECIA REALLY HIDING UNDER GLORIA'S SKIRT?

by Napanice (no login)

GLORIA'S SON HAS FINALLY THROWN THE CHALLENGE AT THE HOUSE SPEAKER WHO HAS BEEN INSTRUMENTAL FOR PROTECTING HER FROM SEVERAL IMPEACHMENT ATTEMPTS IN THE PAST. THE RUMOR IS HOT AND HEAVY THAT JDV IS IN GRAVE DANGER OF BEING OUSTED FROM HIS SPEAKER SEAT THROUGH THE COMBINED EFFORTS OF GLORIA LOYALISTS.

UNFORTUNATELY THIS BLATANT ATTEMPT TO DESTABILIZE THE GOVERNMENT WILL GO UNABATED BECAUSE IT IS IN THE INTEREST OF GLORIA ARROYO HERSELF TO GET RID OF HER POLITICAL ENEMIES BY HOOK OR BY CROOK.

NAP

Mikey Arroyo: JDV hiding under president’s skirt

One of President Arroyo’s son has criticized Speaker Jose de Venecia Jr. for "hiding under the skirt of the president" in order to retain his position in the Lower House.

"Now that his neck is on the line, he's hiding behind or under the president's skirt" said Juan Miguel "Mikey" Arroyo when asked on the meeting Thursday between de Venecia and President Arroyo.

De Venecia told reporters Thursday that Arroyo has assured him of her support to remain as the leader of the House of Representatives. He said Mrs. Arroyo promised to back him despite reports that his House critics are now ready to use their numbers to replace him.

"[She] confirmed in the strongest terms that I should remain Speaker of the House for political and economic stability," de Venecia said.

The President, however, told de Venecia that "she will talk to her sons about this."

De Venecia said that for his part, he has talked to his son, businessman Jose "Joey" de Venecia III, who linked First Gentleman Jose Miguel "Mike" Arroyo to the scrapped $329-million national broadband network deal between the government and China’s ZTE Corp.

"I have talked to Joey and Joey agrees that we need a closure to the ZTE deal. That's why three days ago, he already wrote the Senate that he wants a closure so that the country can forward," he said.

The young Arroyo who is Pampanga’s 2nd district representative however on Friday seemed not to have been mollified by de Venecia’s words Thursday to the president.

"It's not just this supposed treachery, it's a host of many other issues," said the young Arroyo.

Meanwhile some first-term members of the Lower House who attended the birthday of Valenzuela Rep. Rex Gatchalian Wednesday expressed that the issue must be resolved soon.

"Speaker Jose de Venecia must be man enough to take full responsibility for the sagging image of the House if Representatives... If it is appropriate that he must step down, then so be it," said Davao del Sur 1st district Rep. Marc Douglas Cagas

"If there's really going to be a change, the best is kung may (there would be) graceful and friendly exit for everyone. Kung wala naman (If none), if there will be no change then let's stop already the talk and let's proceed already with the work," said Pasig City Rep. Roman Romulo.

Cagas would later on Friday release a statement stating that the demand for change in the Lower House cuts across party lines.

"The move to oust Speaker De Venecia cuts across all party lines in the House and is an expression of a general clamor from all members of the lower chamber regardless of party to effect a change for a better, more effective and more responsive leadership," said Cagas who is a member of Lakas Christian Muslim Democrats (Lakas CMD), the same as de Venecia.

Cagas dispelled reports of "raiding" the ranks of Lakas CMD by another member party of the administration coalition Kabalikat ng Malayang Pilipino (KAMPI) to oust de Venecia.

"So there is no need to raid the ranks of Lakas to get additional support for the move to oust De Venecia from the Speaker's chair. Members of Lakas themselves are clamoring for the resignation or ouster of Speaker De Venecia so as to infuse renewed vigor in the pursuit by the House of the interests of the entire Filipino people," said Cagas.

Davao City 1st district Prospero Nograles who is touted as de Venecia’s looming replacement himself is a member of Lakas CMD

Meanwhile Camarines Sur 2nd district Rep. Luis Villafuerte of KAMPI dismissed de Venecia’s statement that President Arroyo was still backing the Pangasinan solon to retain the speakership saying that Mrs. Arroyo has actually adopted a "hands-off" attitude on the issue.

"The camp of Speaker de Venecia is obviously in a panic mode. It is already embarking on a full-blown disinformation campaign by claiming that President Arroyo is backing up the incumbent Speaker. On the contrary, she has given the impression that she will not interfere in the House Speakership issue as it is an internal affair of an independent constitutional body," said Villafuerte in a statement Friday.

Villafuerte on Thursday said 134 congressman had signed a manifesto declaring a "loss of confidence" against de Venecia.

He added that KAMPI was meaning to present the manifesto to de Venecia in confidence before it reaches the media, but rumors about it circulated as early as Thursday early morning.

He said that as of Wednesday night, 134 signatures have been gathered by KAMPI, including that of Mrs. Arroyo's two sons, "Mikey" Arroyo and Camarines Sur 1st District Rep. Diosdado "Dato" Arroyo.

Another son of Mrs. Arroyo also echoed Villafuerte’s opinion of the "hands-off" attitude of the president.

"Whatever the party decides, I will abide by it. Historically I know that PGMA does not involve herself in internal House matters. Bottomline is I go with the party stand," as he also confirmed his position on the issue.

Posted on Feb 1, 2008, 8:20 AM
from IP address 68.164.171.137

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

1. ABOVE POST IS A COPYRIGHT VIOLATION. What Do You Think, Feb 1, 2008, 9:42 AM
    1. THE ACCUSATION IS BASED ON FALSEHOOD.. Napanice, Feb 1, 2008, 9:44 AM
      1. YOU CAN'T SUPPORT THAT STATEMENT YOU JUST MADE.. What Do You Think?, Feb 1, 2008, 9:45 AM
        1. YES I CAN.. Napanice, Feb 1, 2008, 9:46 AM
          1. 1. THE ENTIRE ARTICLE WAS COPIED. THAT IS A COPYRIGHT VIOLATION PER STATUTE YOU CITED(107). What Do You Think?, Feb 1, 2008, 9:49 AM
            1. NOT SO, BASED ON LIMITATIONS ON EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS.. Napanice, Feb 1, 2008, 9:50 AM
              1. YES SO, AS IT LIMITS THE AMOUNT OF THE WORK YOU CAN COPY. What Do You Think?, Feb 1, 2008, 9:52 AM
                1. THE PROOF YOU CITED IS NOT THE LAW, IT IS AN APPLICATION OF THE LAW.. Napanice, Feb 1, 2008, 9:54 AM
                  1. GOOD, THEN YOU KNOW IT WAS APPLIED.. What Do You Think?, Feb 1, 2008, 9:55 AM
                    1. NOW YOU KNOW THAT I KNOW, BUT DO YOU REALLY KNOW WHY?. Napanice, Feb 1, 2008, 9:59 AM
                      1. ARE YOU READY FOR IT TO BE APPLIED AGAIN?. What Do You Think?, Feb 1, 2008, 10:01 AM
                        1. ARE YOU?. Napanice, Feb 1, 2008, 10:08 AM
                          1. OBVIOUSLY, YOU CAN'T ANSWER MY QUESTION, AGAIN. What Do You Think?, Feb 1, 2008, 10:17 AM
                            1. VERY WELL THEN, DISCUSSION ENDED AS YOUR EFFORTS ARE AN ATTEMPT TO DELETE THIS THREAD.. What Do You Think?, Feb 1, 2008, 10:20 AM
                            2. JUST AS YOU CAN'T ANSWER MINE. YOU DARE TO ACCUSE BUT CANNOT PRODUCE.. Napanice, Feb 1, 2008, 10:38 AM
                              1. WE'LL SEE...HEHEHEHE...WE'LL SEE.. What Do You Think?, Feb 1, 2008, 10:52 AM
                                1. DON'T TAKE TOO LONG, YOU MAY START SEEING THINGS.. Napanice, Feb 1, 2008, 11:43 AM
                                  1. I KNOW YOU WILL...IN THE MEANTIME, GO WATER YOUR ORCHIDS. HEHEHEHE.... What Do You Think?, Feb 1, 2008, 11:57 AM
                                    1. I LOOK FORWARD TO IT.. Napanice, Feb 1, 2008, 12:04 PM
        2. 1. THE ENTIRE ARTICLE WAS COPIED. TRUE.. What Do You Think?, Feb 1, 2008, 9:46 AM
          1. WHAT SAYS I CAN'T?. Napanice, Feb 1, 2008, 9:48 AM
            1. United States District Court for the Central District of California. What Do You Think?, Feb 1, 2008, 9:51 AM
              1. THAT JUDGEMENT DOES NOT APPLY HERE. WRONG EVIDENCE.. Napanice, Feb 1, 2008, 9:53 AM
                1. SITUATION IS SIMILAR. EVIDENCE - THE COPIED ARTICLE, STANDS BY ITSELF.. What Do You Think?, Feb 1, 2008, 9:55 AM
                  1. THAT'S YOUR OWN BIASED OPINION, I DON'T AGREE TO THE SIMILARITY.. Napanice, Feb 1, 2008, 9:58 AM
                    1. ARE YOU AWARE OF THE NITTYGRITTY OF THAT CASE?. What Do You Think?, Feb 1, 2008, 10:00 AM
                      1. WHAT DID I ALREADY STATE?. Napanice, Feb 1, 2008, 10:09 AM
                        1. WITH ALL THE FACTS PROVING YOUR CULPABILITY, NOTHING TO SUPPORT YOUR CASE. What Do You Think?, Feb 1, 2008, 10:16 AM
                          1. VERY WELL THEN, DISCUSSION ENDED AS YOUR EFFORTS ARE AN ATTEMPT TO DELETE THIS THREAD.. What Do You Think?, Feb 1, 2008, 10:20 AM
                          2. WHAT CASE, CITE THE NUMBER, THE COURT AND THE HEARING DATE?. Napanice, Feb 1, 2008, 10:39 AM
                            1. WHAT'S YOUR HURRY? YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE A LOT OF TIME TO THINK IN THE FUTURE. What Do You Think?, Feb 1, 2008, 10:55 AM
                              1. YOU TOOK THE TIME THE LIST EVERYTHING BUT THAT WHICH MATTERS. I WONDER WHY?. Napanice, Feb 1, 2008, 11:46 AM
                                1. THE ANSWER WILL COME TO YOU.... What Do You Think?, Feb 1, 2008, 11:58 AM
                                  1. IN THE FORM OF WHAT, A DISCUSSION MESSAGE?. Napanice, Feb 1, 2008, 12:05 PM
        3. 2. THE COPIED PIECE WAS A COPYRIGHTED NEWS ARTICLE. TRUE. What Do You Think?, Feb 1, 2008, 9:47 AM
          1. THAT'S NOT A VIOLATION.. Napanice, Feb 1, 2008, 9:48 AM
            1. AFTER ALL YOUR YADAYADA FOR JOURNALISTS, YOU STEAL THE WORK THEY MADE?. What Do You Think?, Feb 1, 2008, 9:52 AM
              1. 107 DOES NOT EVEN MENTION STEALING, IT'S YOUR UNQUALIFIED ACCUSATION AND NOTHING MORE.. Napanice, Feb 1, 2008, 9:55 AM
                1. THE EVIDENCE-THE COPIED ARTICLE IS ENOUGH TO PROVE IT WAS STOLEN.. What Do You Think?, Feb 1, 2008, 9:56 AM
                  1. SAYS WHO? CITE THE EXACT WORDS IN 107 THAT SAYS IT WAS "STOLEN". Napanice, Feb 1, 2008, 10:04 AM
                    1. ALL ONE HAS TO DO IS SEE YOUR POST AND FIND THE SOURCE TO SAY IT IS STOLEN.. What Do You Think?, Feb 1, 2008, 10:06 AM
                      1. THE LAW DOES NOT DEAL WITH YOUR PERSONAL FEELINGS AND EMOTIONS SO STOP CRYING.. Napanice, Feb 1, 2008, 10:10 AM
                        1. WHO SAID IT DOES?. What Do You Think?, Feb 1, 2008, 10:15 AM
                          1. VERY WELL THEN, DISCUSSION ENDED AS YOUR EFFORTS ARE AN ATTEMPT TO DELETE THIS THREAD.. What Do You Think?, Feb 1, 2008, 10:21 AM
                          2. THEN DON'T COME UP WITH A RESPONSE THAT'S IRRELEVANT.. Napanice, Feb 1, 2008, 10:40 AM
                            1. SO, FOR THE RECORD, NAPANICE THINKS VICTIM'S RIGHTS ARE IRRELEVANT. What Do You Think, Feb 1, 2008, 11:56 AM
                              1. ARE YOU A VICTIM? YOU'RE THE ONE MAKING THE ACCUSATIONS HERE.. Napanice, Feb 1, 2008, 12:00 PM
  2. JDV IS ALWAYS LIKE THAT!. iTHINKSO, Feb 1, 2008, 11:06 AM
    1. YUP, THE JDV WILL ALWAYS BE A POLITICAL BOOTLICKER.. Napanice, Feb 1, 2008, 12:08 PM

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

WWW.NEWSFLASH.ORG