CyberForum

GAGGED BROADBAND WITNESS GOES CRYING TO THE SUPREME COURT

by Napanice (no login)

THIS IS TYPICAL OF THE CORRUPT PRACTICES OF THE ARROYO ADMINISTRATION, EXECUTIVE ORDER 464 WAS ISSUED TO PROTECT THE PRESIDENT WAS DAMNING EVIDENCE THAT COULD LEAD TO HER DOWNFALL AND RUIN WHEN THE WHOLE COUNTRY RISE UP AGAINST HER FOR THE LAST TIME.

THE STANDARD ROUTINE FOR WITNESSES CALLED TO TESTIFY BEFORE CONGRESS, YOU EITHER GET SICK OR DISAPPEAR AND IF THAT IS NO LONGER AN OPTION, YOU APPEAL TO THE ALMIGHTY POWER OF THE SUPREME COURT JUSTICES WHO ARE THEMSELVES CORRUPT ENOUGH TO BE BOUGHT AT THE RIGHT PRICE.

NAP

Neri asks SC to stop Senate arrest order

Beleaguered Commission on Higher Education (CHEd) chairman Romulo Neri filed a petition for certiorari at the Supreme Court (SC) Friday in a bid to stop the enforcement of an arrest order issued by the Senate.

In a five-page petition, Neri, through lawyer Paul Lentejas, is asking the Supreme Court to stop the Senate from enforcing an arrest order, saying that the enforcement of the order will be an "injustice" to the petitioner, ABS-CBN News correspondent Marieton Pacheco reported.

Neri, in his petition, said that the Senate committed grave abuse of discretion in ordering his arrest.

Neri denied committing any act of contempt against the upper chamber, saying he had merely invoked executive privilege and had already explained to the body his non-appearance during previous Senate hearings.

Neri also said that Senate's issuance of arrest order for him pre-empted the SC's action on a pending petition on the issue and even disrespected the high court.

Meanwhile, the Senate's petition on whether Neri can invoke executive privilege is still pending at the SC.

Lawyer Midas Marquez, SC spokesman, confirmed the status of Neriís first petition.

The SC en banc had granted last January 22 the Solicitor General's motion for an extension to file its comment.

Earlier, Neri said that he will ask the Supreme Court to nullify an arrest warrant issued by the Senate against him after he refused to appear in the upper chamber's inquiry on the $329 million national broadband network (NBN) deal.

Neri said only the high court can end the debate on whether he still needs to be subjected to another round of questionings about the NBN deal.

Neri said it was not his own decision to refuse to attend the hearings. "I have to follow my superiors. The Senate is not my superior. The superior is the executive, my bosses in the executive."

He said he had told the Senate all he knows about the NBN deal.

Posted on Feb 1, 2008, 8:45 AM
from IP address 68.164.171.137

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

WWW.NEWSFLASH.ORG