CyberForum

STUDENT GROUPS DEMAND ROMULO NERI'S RESIGNATION FROM HIS EDUCATION POST.

by Napanice (no login)

THE YOUNG FILIPINOS SHOULD BECOME MORE ACTIVE IN THEIR PARTICIPATION TO THE AFFAIRS OF THEIR GOVERNMENT, ONE DAY THEY TOO WILL BECOME CITIZENS THAT WILL BEAR THE RESPONSIBILITY OF CHOOSING THEIR LEADERS AND MAKNG SURE THEY SERVE IN A MANNER CONSISTENT WITH THE HOPES AND DREAMS OF THE ORDINARY CITIZENS.

WITH NERI'S RELUCTANCE TO COOPERATE IN THE SENATE INVESTIGATION OF THE ANOMALOUS BROADBAND CONTRACT, IT IS ONLY RIGHT THE STUDENTS EXPRESS THEIR DISSATISFACTION AND DISGUST OVER HIS LACK OF INTEGRITY AND LOYALTY TO THE PEOPLE INSTEAD OF A CORRUPT PRESIDENT.

NAP

Student group wants Neri out of CHED

A militant student group called on the government to sack Chairman Romulo Neri of the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) for neglecting his duties and responsibilities, radio dzMM reported Saturday.

Vencer Crisostomo, national chairman of the League of Filipino Students (LFS) said Neri is a perfect model of a student who has been cutting classes.

He added Neri has been unavailable to hear the grievances and find solutions to the problems hounding college and universities nationwide as he eludes arrest.

Neri has been saddled with an arrest warrant issued by the Senate Blue Ribbon committee for his failure to attend the inquiry into the scrapped $329 million national broadband network deal.

Crisostomo said they want Neri out of CHED before the tuition hike consultations start this February.

He said some universities and colleges have expressed their intention to increase matriculation by more than 10 percent.

The LFS head said the students need a CHED chairman who will listen to the issues and concerns of the higher education sector in the country.

Earlier, embattled Neri filed a petition for certiorari at the Supreme Court (SC) Thursday in a bid to stop the enforcement of an arrest order issued by the Senate.

In a five-page petition, Neri, through lawyer Paul Lentejas, is asking the Supreme Court to stop the Senate from enforcing an arrest order, saying that the enforcement of the order will be an "injustice" to the petitioner, ABS-CBN News correspondent Marieton Pacheco reported.

Neri, in his petition, said that the Senate committed grave abuse of discretion in ordering his arrest.

Neri denied committing any act of contempt against the upper chamber, saying he had merely invoked executive privilege and had already explained to the body his non-appearance during previous Senate hearings.

Neri also said that Senate's issuance of arrest order for him pre-empted the SC's action on a pending petition on the issue and even disrespected the high court.

Meanwhile, the Senate's petition on whether Neri can invoke executive privilege is still pending before the SC.

Lawyer Midas Marquez, SC spokesman, confirmed the status of Neri’s first petition.

The SC en banc had granted last January 22 the Solicitor General's motion for an extension to file its comment.

Earlier, Neri said that he will ask the Supreme Court to nullify an arrest warrant issued by the Senate against him after he refused to appear in the upper chamber's inquiry on the $329 million national broadband network (NBN) deal.

Neri said only the high court can end the debate on whether he still needs to be subjected to another round of questioning about the NBN deal.

Neri said it was not his own decision to refuse to attend the hearings. "I have to follow my superiors. The Senate is not my superior. The superior is the executive, my boss is in the executive."

He said he had told the Senate all he knows about the NBN deal.

Posted on Feb 1, 2008, 11:54 PM
from IP address 68.164.171.137

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

1. THE ABOVE POST IS ANOTHER VIOLATION OF ABS-CBN COPYRIGHT. What Do You Think?, Feb 2, 2008, 12:02 AM
    1. THAT'S A LIE, ANOTHER BASELESS ACCUSATION.. Napanice, Feb 2, 2008, 12:05 AM
      1. PEOPLE ALREADY KNOW COPYING AND PASTING ENTIRE ARTICLES IS A COPYRIGHT VIOLATION.. What Do You Think, Feb 2, 2008, 12:10 AM
        1. THAT'S ALL YOU KNOW, THEY ARE FAR AHEAD OF YOU.. Napanice, Feb 2, 2008, 12:12 AM
          1. YOU'VE JUST SHOWN YOU KNOW LESS THAN ANYONE BY COPYING AND PASTING ENTIRE ARTICLES.. What Do You Think?, Feb 2, 2008, 12:26 AM
            1. FALSE, I SAID PEOPLE KNOW MORE THAN YOU WHEN IT COMES TO COPYRIGHT LAWS. Napanice, Feb 2, 2008, 12:30 AM
              1. AND YOU CAN PROVE THAT? I DOUBT IT.. What Do You Think?, Feb 2, 2008, 12:30 AM
                1. VERY EASY, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS POST YOUR PROOF HERE, GO AHEAD.. Napanice, Feb 2, 2008, 12:33 AM
                  1. WHAT ARE YOU AN IDIOT? YOU ACCUSE ME AND ASK ME TO PROVE IT?. What Do You Think?, Feb 2, 2008, 12:34 AM
                    1. ACCUSE YOU OF WHAT?. Napanice, Feb 2, 2008, 12:39 AM
              2. THAT IS TOTALLY WRONG. JUST BROWSING ALL OVER THE INTERNET ABOUT IT PROVES ME RIGHT.. What Do You Think?, Feb 2, 2008, 12:36 AM
                1. MAYBE YOU PROVED IT TO YOURSELF, BUT NOT TO THIS FORUM.. Napanice, Feb 2, 2008, 12:41 AM
                  1. SINCE WHEN ARE YOU THE FORUM?. What Do You Think?, Feb 2, 2008, 12:42 AM
                    1. AND WHAT'S THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN, DID I SAY I'M THE FORUM?. Napanice, Feb 2, 2008, 12:43 AM
                      1. ESL ALERT! DSP WAS RIGHT. YOU NEED ESL LESSONS, I VOLUNTEER MY SON'S ENGLISH LIT TUTOR.. What Do You Think?, Feb 2, 2008, 12:48 AM
                        1. SO YOU'RE DSP'S GRUNT, IS HE GETTING TO OLD THAT HE NEEDS A SUBSTITUTE?. Napanice, Feb 2, 2008, 1:00 AM
                          1. WRONG ON ALL COUNTS. ALL I DID WAS READ THIS FORUM.. What Do You Think?, Feb 2, 2008, 1:08 AM
                            1. FINE, YOU CAN NOW PROCEED TO POST THE PROOFS TO YOUR INCESSANT ACCUSATIONS.. Napanice, Feb 2, 2008, 1:12 AM
                              1. SENILITY ALERT! PROOF OF LAW WAS POSTED YESTERDAY!. What Do You Think?, Feb 2, 2008, 1:14 AM
                                1. WRONG, YOU ASSUMED THAT IT WAS APPLICABLE TO ALL CASES.. Napanice, Feb 2, 2008, 1:19 AM
                                  1. KEEP DELUDING YOURSELF THAT IT DOESN'T APPLY HERE.. What Do You Think?, Feb 2, 2008, 1:21 AM
                                    1. YOU BELIEVE THAT IT DOES, THAT'S YOUR DELUSION.. Napanice, Feb 2, 2008, 1:23 AM
                                      1. LIKE I SAID KEEP DELUDING YOURSELF. IF IT'S MY DELUSION THEN WHY ARE YOU SO WORRIED?. What Do You Think?, Feb 2, 2008, 1:26 AM
                                        1. ME WORRIED ABOUT YOUR DELUSIONS? NOT MY PROBLEM.. Napanice, Feb 2, 2008, 1:35 AM
                                          1. SO, LIKE I SAID, KEEP DELUDING YOURSELF WITH YOUR PERCEPTION, IT DOESN'T WORRY ME ONE BIT.. What Do You Think., Feb 2, 2008, 1:37 AM
                                            1. DON'T WORRY, I'LL MAKE SURE THE FAN IS POINTING AT YOU.. Napanice, Feb 2, 2008, 1:43 AM
                                              1. OBVIOUSLY YOU HAVEN'T SEEN ONE HIT A FAN. LIKE I SAID KEEP DELUDING YOURSELF :-D. What Do You Think?, Feb 2, 2008, 1:45 AM
                                                1. GIVE IT A TRY AND LET US KNOW HOW IT FELT GETTING HIT.. Napanice, Feb 2, 2008, 1:47 AM
                                                  1. KEEP POINTING THAT FAN AT ME AND YOU WILL KNOW IT YOURSELF.. What Do You Think., Feb 2, 2008, 1:49 AM
  2. COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT ALERT!. Virgie Pig Valenzuela The Second, Feb 2, 2008, 10:24 AM

Find more forums on PhillipinoCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

WWW.NEWSFLASH.ORG