Ob korz, any bill passed by the legislature and signed by the President (or becomes law without his signature due to various reasons) is legislated law. However, the nation's jurisprudence also comes from the following:
1. Court decisions at all levels and jurisdictions.
2. Opinions of Attorneys General whether U.S. or state.
3. Executive orders and some proclamations.
4. Ratified treaties between the states.
5. Ratified treaties between the U.S. and foreign countries or international organizations.
6. Ratified treaties between a state and foreign countries.
7. To some extent, the compilation of all state, county, municipal and city ordinances.
Your attention, You-Know-Who-You-Are, is invited to #1, #5 and #7 because copyrights are subjects of federal and local case laws as well as international obligations of recognition, implementation and enforcement.
Posted on Feb 2, 2008, 10:48 AM from IP address 220.127.116.11