<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Toughest Native Player not to play in the show

November 27 2006 at 8:49 PM
No score for this post
  (Login johncho)
Forum Owner
from IP address 24.67.253.203

I think that there are several players that haven't made the show for one reason or another and I would like your feedback on some of these guys. I would vote for Trent Potskin (PG Hockey Enforcers), Jon Mirasty (Flying Dust) and Jordan Roach (Battleford) in no paticular order.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Toughest Native Player not to play in the show

No score for this post
November 28 2006, 12:21 AM 

D'arcy Johnson(ocn) Konrad mckay(ocn)

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
November 28 2006, 1:03 AM 

Jason Bone and Aaron Burns (sagkeeng hawks)

Anonymous
(Login Stamps1)

No score for this post
November 28 2006, 10:37 AM 

Duane Alphonse or Grant Johnson (WL STAMPDERS)

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
November 28 2006, 5:38 PM 

Didnt G johnson Get One Punched Vs Hazelton

Anonymous
(Login Stars123)

Toughies

No score for this post
November 29 2006, 2:26 PM 

Jordan Roach hands down.

sphinkty
(no login)

Re: Toughies

No score for this post
November 29 2006, 3:18 PM 

James Beebe-Brand (Southeast Blades)

(Login johncho)
Forum Owner

Re: Toughies

No score for this post
November 29 2006, 5:03 PM 

Jordan Roach is a beauty, he has commited to play for Big Guy Lake in the Prince George and North Battleford tournament. With him and Trent Potskin it could make things interesting for the teams that they play.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
January 2 2007, 6:52 AM 

Trevor Morrison one punched Grant in williams Lake.

native hockey fan
(no login)

grant johnson fights

No score for this post
January 22 2007, 2:09 PM 

First of all Trevor Morrison of the Hazeton Wolverines who suppoesedly one punched Grant Johnson of the Williams Lake Stampeders was lucky.If people saw what really happened,would have seen Grant tripped over a hockey stick laying on the ice just when Morrison was thrown his punch. I would love to see round two.

And as for the Jordan Campbell of the Ominega Ice and Grant Johnson fight. Campbell did not make short work of Johnson
as written. Campbell was holding on like an octopus to Grant's
arms. Grant wanted to go round two when the Stampeders were in
Vanderhoof, but low and behold Campbell did not dress for the two games.

Omineca Ice
(no login)

Re: grant johnson fights

No score for this post
July 21 2007, 7:32 PM 

Regarding the Johnson and Jordon Cambell fight, I can't see how you thought Jordon was hanging on. He completetly handled Jonhson with ease. The fight was not even close, Jonhson never hit Cambell even once. Cambell won very decidedly. As far as Jordon not dressing the next home games is false. He was dressed and played the next games. Jordon Cambell did not make the playoff games in Williams lake because of work commitments. Although i know Grant Johnson is a tough player, Cambell was too much for him...Hell Jordon is probably 25 pounds heavier and 6 inches taller. Realisticly Jordon won the decision hands down. I know this becasue i was there.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
November 30 2006, 12:08 AM 

prolly trevor stevens (st malo) was the toughest not to make it. him and konrad had a classic in 2000

Anonymous
(no login)

Score 2.0 (1 person)
November 30 2006, 12:26 AM 

Donovan Spence (sagkeeng hawks) is the toughest. He took on Jason bone toe to toe and walked away without a scratch

anon
(no login)

toughest natvie player today

No score for this post
December 19 2006, 12:19 AM 

constant and melnyk these two can fight the best and get that w....

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: toughest natvie player today

No score for this post
December 19 2006, 2:46 PM 

Clarence Weaselbone-Swamptowell

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
January 1 2007, 12:13 PM 

Dj King
His Bro Dwight is up n coming

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
January 22 2007, 7:36 PM 

HOW ABOUT PRESTON MUSWAGON?

WHERE IS HE THESE DAYS?

bruin2703
(no login)

No score for this post
January 23 2007, 9:38 AM 

Brent Pascal (Pasqua First Nation) Five Years with the Regina Pats and Norm Stevenson from the Cote First Nation in Sask. No one tougher than these two dudes. Pascal never lost a fight in the dub. and Norman never lost a fight in Senior.

Anonymous
(Login Crazy_Coach)

No score for this post
January 23 2007, 9:38 PM 

I remember Norm Stevenson when Cote came to PG in 1985 for inaugral Lumber Kings tourney.

As usual, the author of Illiad and the Odessey (Homer) was reffing and making all sorts of bad calls. About halfways through the second period, Stevenson took out some fronteir justice on the ref and kicked his ass. A couple broken ribs and an APB later, the new ref called just an absolute dilly of a game.

I remember Pascal to. He was tough as well.

Those verbal agreements aren't worth the paper they're written on-Yogi Berra

REDSKIN
(no login)

tough ndn hockey players...

No score for this post
March 13 2007, 1:53 PM 

past tough guys....norm Stevenson was the best...you tough ness is not just bout fighting...its bout intimadation....jorin roach is good today..but seen him go down To Ryan Braun in Meadow last yr...today it has to be Cheesy..Trent Potskin....his name strikes fear, to teams that fress agaisnts him.....and J Bone is a Beauty as well.... but over all....skill talent and toughness..as well as fighting skills TODAY....Conrad Mackay. is the man
later couzins

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: tough ndn hockey players...

No score for this post
March 13 2007, 2:01 PM 

Potskin is the most classless "toughguy" out there in terms of Native hockey. The fat prick would get eating alive in the show, even in his "prime". I've seen him attack younger, smaller players more then once, even when the Lumberkings were winning my a far margin. He's a joke, with no honor towards the game. It was nice seeing him get his ass handed to him in that ****show of a fighting compition held in PG a while back.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 13 2007, 2:40 PM 

What are you talking about, I don't know where you are going with this.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 13 2007, 2:54 PM 

Trent Potskin is the most intimidating guy out there!

Anonymous
(no login)

where this is going....

No score for this post
March 13 2007, 3:40 PM 

The topic is "tough ndn hockey players". People are claiming Potskin is one of them. I disagree with their claims of him being tough. He is nothing more then a schoolyard bully, picking on the little guys.

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: where this is going....

No score for this post
March 14 2007, 8:56 AM 

I would disagree with you and ask any yeam in Western Canada and they would take him in a minute, why would have a beef with this guy? He must have beat you one time or another!

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 14 2007, 9:01 AM 

I would say a school yard bully = Jon Mirasty

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 14 2007, 9:38 AM 

Ya he did actually. I was 16, he was probably 30 at the time. Piece of ****.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 14 2007, 10:05 AM 

Trent Potskin has only been suspended from hockey once in his lifetime so I don't know what you are talking about and what tournament your'e talking about. You may be part of the problem, what did you do?

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 14 2007, 10:29 AM 

Im not sure what happened. Took a crosscheck to the side that dropped me. He pumped me a few times, then bashed my head into the ice a few times, then Gladue pulled him off of me.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 14 2007, 10:37 AM 

Which team are you with?

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 14 2007, 11:02 AM 

I was playing for Williams Lake that year, haven't bin back to the Lumberkings tounrney since.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 14 2007, 12:13 PM 

Yah its unfortunate that someone gets turned off because of "heat of the moment" action by some player. I hope you reconsider and if you knew Trent as well as me you wouldn't have that impression of him that you do. Honestly he knows his job well, there are several teams that would love to have him in their line-up. I hope that you comback this year.

(Login johncho)
Forum Owner

Redskin's comment

No score for this post
March 14 2007, 9:22 PM 

I was in Meadow Lake last year and there is NO WAY that Braun beat Roach last year.

haha
(no login)

No score for this post
November 6 2008, 12:29 PM 

why wouldnt trent fight one of the minnabarriet boys in the final in pg last year, hahaha, i will tell you, because kyle beat the **** out of him when he was only 17, hahah, he got off of the ice every time one of them was on the ice,

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
May 14 2007, 12:58 PM 

craig yellowdirt redskins

Al
(Login alkickurass)

No score for this post
May 18 2007, 10:37 PM 

There's some tough natives listed here, but to the guy who said Grant Johnson... come on. Look at the names on this list and look at the title. He doesn't belong here. And for the record he was eaten alive by Jordan Campbell, cudos to him for asking a bigger guy, but he definately lost badly. Jordan coudn't get away from work the next weekend, he was hardly hiding and beside there are other guys on that team that would go with Johnson, but he didn't even ask anyone.

Team B.C. Buddy
(no login)

No score for this post
June 19 2007, 2:23 PM 

Are you kidding me i played with Grant Johnson we both played on the
Team B.C. Grant was always a good fighter, he was also known as a scorer. Grant never looks for a fight, he just loves to play the game.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
June 6 2007, 3:16 PM 

I heard Jon Mirasty lost in his mixed martial arts debut last week...in the 1st round by TKO.

Anonymous
(Login EG83)

No score for this post
July 22 2007, 8:12 PM 

Jon "Nasty" Mirasty has got my vote

lou
(no login)

No score for this post
October 1 2007, 7:40 PM 

About 15 - 20 years ago there was a guy yhat played for the 10 time 10 time coy cup champion Quesnel kangeroos Big Willie Roach ask P.G. Mohawks they folded up like a cheap tent.

(Login johncho)
Forum Owner

No score for this post
October 2 2007, 10:36 AM 

Bill Roach is a killer, he looked like ogy Ogolthorpe. And that is when the PG Mohawks did start to take early retirement. Jim Marsh was no slouch either, Darren Campbell was also very tough. A good team Quesnel was.

grinder
(no login)

No score for this post
November 21 2007, 7:28 PM 

MIKE SPOONER KAMLOOPS HAWKS!!!!
TOOK THE BIG BOYS ON AND SMILED WHILE DOING IT !!
BEST FIGHT EVER SALMOM ARM TOE TO TOE WITH A MONSTER....SPOONER HANDS OF STONE AND A FACE ONLY A MOTHER COULD LOVE.

PLUS THE GUY COULD PLAY DEFENCE,TALK ABOUT THE HAMMER GOTTA TALK ABOUT MIKE SPOONER SAME SENTENCE.

TRENT POTSKIN TOUGH AS A RABIT REZ DOG SEEN HIM EATEM-UP AND SPIT THEM OUT.

PLAYED WITH BOTH GUYS MADE ME INDIAN RUBBER AND SIX INCHES TALLER

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
November 23 2007, 8:55 AM 

When Grinder talks about a Kamloops team, he must be going way back. They don't participate in any Native events. The city is self-proclaimed "The tournament capital" but none of their teams travel to any tournaments outside Kamloops. Jim may have a hard time getting his teams with not sending a team to any tournaments.

Anonymous Coward
(no login)

No score for this post
December 3 2007, 3:22 PM 

Denny Thomas of the Merritt Kodiaks!!!

Anonymous Coward
(no login)

Denny

No score for this post
December 4 2007, 9:29 AM 

Denny couldn't fight his way out of a brown paper bag ha ha ha

phillipe lacerte
(no login)

No score for this post
December 3 2007, 3:24 PM 

Dave Wiljeto-Burns Lake braves!!!!!!

Anonymous Coward
(no login)

No score for this post
December 3 2007, 3:44 PM 

Is Dave native?

lou
(no login)

No score for this post
December 24 2007, 12:16 PM 

NO just terrible

Anonymous Coward
(no login)

No score for this post
January 10 2008, 12:18 PM 

wut about chopper magilvery from the old saddle lake warriors if u beat him wide he wood hook u in the neck and wouldn't even bat an eye and litterally rape u in front of the net needless to say there werent too many rebounds in front of the net cause chopper was in the crease area he was big as the big indian from slap shot chopper should have been named killer instead

(no login)

Yup, Trent, Jon , and Jordan were the best

No score for this post
January 23 2008, 2:26 AM 

Good point. All three are obviously warriors. Thats why we have these leaders to guide us in reaching our freedom as Indian people. We all want our heroes, so that we can carry on. Without heroes .. we will not win. Let us treasure our heroes, ... not bring them down.

Yes ..... these three individuals are reprsening us very well. We must always support them.

LTGT
(no login)

Chris Constant

No score for this post
February 23 2008, 5:27 AM 

The guy was freaksishly tough. Rarely got challenged but when he did he pumped guys.

An old fan
(no login)

The old fart

No score for this post
March 26 2008, 8:54 AM 

Well what about Morris McCallum? Now that was tough

(Login bigchoc)

morris mcallum

No score for this post
November 1 2008, 4:20 PM 

moe is he related to herman the monster norton lol hahhaha

Paul
(no login)

No score for this post
April 2 2008, 12:01 PM 

Curtis "Get off ME or I'll Kill You!!!" Simon of Battle River Spurs

anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
April 3 2008, 6:29 PM 

wut about big donk ay pauly

Triston
(no login)

Jon Mirasty...

No score for this post
March 12 2009, 6:47 PM 

Jon Mirasty by far. He is a fighting machine. He is known as one of the most notorious Heavy Weights in Minor Pro Hockey. He is 4-0 in NHL pre-season and considered the champ in the AHL. He one punched Jordan Roach back in the UHL.

mr bean
(no login)

tough guy

No score for this post
April 25 2009, 12:10 PM 

i agree that mirasity is the toughest guy out there next to him jason chakita is got to be ranked up there

anonymous
(no login)

Re: tough guy

No score for this post
October 5 2009, 1:37 AM 

Toughest native hockey player? In his prime....Trent Potskin.

anonymous
(no login)

Mean hockey player

No score for this post
October 5 2009, 1:39 AM 

Toughest native hockey player? In his prime....Trent Potskin.

NativeFan
(no login)

Re: Mean hockey player

No score for this post
November 8 2009, 9:47 AM 

Eli Halcrow who plays in Neepawa right now is super tough. Showed up at camp at 230 and now at 200 and nobody will go near him. Real tough and great kid who has changed his life around. If any good aboriginal kids want a place where they will be treated well it is Neepawa. The coach made Halcrow part of his leadership team and he is treated like gold.

Current Topic - Toughest Native Player not to play in the show
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Hockey PlayersCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
www.nativesportspg.ca