<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Prince George

April 4 2008 at 11:29 AM
No score for this post
morri18  (no login)
from IP address 208.181.51.95

Just wondering how many teams are there are in the A&B division? wondering if i should make the trip.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
hockey fan
(no login)

Prince George

No score for this post
April 8 2008, 12:28 PM 

Hey Sheldon is this tournament still happening? If so do you have lots of teams?

hockey fan
(no login)

Prince George

No score for this post
April 10 2008, 11:00 AM 

hey whats going on up there can't seem to get any info on either it is still a go or how many teams are entered. Can someone respond to this message. Need to make plans if it is still happening.

whatever
(no login)

PG Results

No score for this post
April 14 2008, 11:52 AM 

Big Guy Lake beat Kamploops 5-4 in the top division and Lil Guy Lake beat Necoslie in the other division. In the Old Timers, Necoslie/PG beat Moberly Lake.

S and T
(no login)

Re: PG Results

No score for this post
April 14 2008, 2:34 PM 

this tourney was okay...admission was way too high... harley banked in some cash... $30 a weekend pass... $13 a day... i was right in there cheerin for canim lake though who came in third place... my cousin morgan put up a good fight on sunday...

(Login johncho)
Forum Owner

No score for this post
April 14 2008, 5:32 PM 

WjEG
(no login)

No score for this post
April 14 2008, 6:51 PM 

what was the prize money

(no login)

P.G ripoff

No score for this post
April 25 2008, 7:24 PM 

P.G tourney is such a rip off harley is a cheap bum who takes money from the tourney to take trips and i will never play in P.G tourney agian its just a waste of money.i don't want to be paying harley to take trips anymore

hockey fan
(no login)

PG

No score for this post
April 28 2008, 11:38 AM 

That's too bad that committees are taking more than they advertise. Teams don't want to go back to these tournaments and we are wondering why there is hardly any tournaments anymore.

WjEG
(no login)

Prize money??

No score for this post
May 3 2008, 3:54 AM 

again what was the prize money???? anyone????

hockey'smy game
(no login)

prize money

No score for this post
April 6 2009, 9:22 AM 

Lumberkings tourney this year did every team that won get their money or was it a rip off again, flew in Gino Odjick and paid the Fullers but what the hell it did'nt matter eh! Shelton almost a mercy rule for F.S.J. it shows there's more hockey talant out there than these guys you paid to play for you.

hockey fan
(no login)

PG

No score for this post
April 6 2009, 11:03 AM 

What a waste of time...Heard Sheldon paid out lots of money for players just to keep all of the prize monies in PG. To bad Williams Lake couldn't bring their full team but no Sheldon wouldn't let that happen because Williams Lake would of won the tourney. No wonder there was only 4 teams in A division and heard 3 of them were financed by PG. Its a good thing I was there to watch the other Divisions at least they were from other places.

hockey'smy game
(no login)

PG

No score for this post
April 7 2009, 3:14 PM 

Heard thro the grapevine Sheldon thought the Williams Lake Team were to stacked, stacked Shelton what is stacked Sheldon ? not the one that was entered, the previous team that entered before the one you let in.
Robin Gilberts Team, I hope you and Harley enjoy your nice vacation you both
worked hard for it charging admission to Elders and Little Children.

(no login)

PG

No score for this post
April 13 2009, 7:02 AM 

I would like to respond to Willie Sellars, Robin Gilbert and some of the allagations that they are throwing around.

1)Harley should be given kuddos for providing the "A" Division with $9,500 in prize money when there was no entry fees taken from the (4) teams in the top division.

2) Big Guy Lake split there team up into two teams on Wed of the tournament so there could be an "A" Division (BGL, FSJ, Kamloops Falcons an the no-shows from Williams Lake)

3) Big Guy Lake had 8 skaters and Fort St James had 8 skaters when they split the BGL team up and Williams Lake approached one of the BGL players $400 to play for them and the rest is history.

4) The Fullers were paid expense money like many other top teams in all the tournaments in Native Hockey and Gino Odjick was brought in as an ambassador to the tournement.

5) I helped the BC Selects team with some money to cover some of the rooms($100) that the players stayed in so if you call that financing, so be it.

The Williams Lake players, fans and sponsors were cheated out by one player who would not play because he was caught offering a BGL player money and he may have had to pay the price on the ice.

* Notice that i put my name and email to this post unlike others (RG or WS)

Jim Grant
(no login)

Great Tourney

No score for this post
April 14 2009, 12:34 AM 

Well we went to PG This year!! Kamloops Falcons Our first time ever attending, we played in the A Division and it was fast rough good old indian hockey!! We had a short bench but we went 0-3 in the round robin. It was a good experience for our young players and a good lesson, My hats off to Harley and Sheldon for a great tournament! It is not easy to run hockey tournaments and deserve a lot of credit to keeping their tournament going! Way to go!! As a tournament organizer myself i know first hand you are not going to please everyone and i congratulate Harley and Sheldon for keeping Native Hockey going. We played in top division and still had fun! we sometimes forget that hockey is suppose to be fun! at any level, and lets face it all the players that play these tournaments should remember that.

lol
(no login)

Re: PG

No score for this post
April 13 2009, 8:14 AM 

Sounds like someone is a little sour, quit your whining, you say you would of won, LMAO, I heard you were too chicken to show your face after your funny business you tried playing by buying players on the sly. Are you man or mouse???? Suck it up buttercup!!!!

Chief
(no login)

Re: PG

No score for this post
April 17 2009, 12:23 PM 

just beacause the big bad williams lake stampeders won the coy cup doesn't mean that they were gonna take pg tourney like nothing. HAH! u guys would have done good if u pussys would have brought ur team. anyways, why is the big talk about those pussys down south. i believe Fort St. James and Prince George were in the finals with Fort St. James taking it. so williams lake, u guys should do ur talking on the ice.

Bigger Chief
(no login)

Re: Pg

No score for this post
May 25 2009, 2:19 PM 

Coy Cup or No Coy Cup the Williams Lake Teams always did their talking on
the ice. The players from the Alkali Braves Team were the reason the Williams Lake Stampeders won the Coy Cup, and you guys should know that first
hand Big Guy Lake they beat you guys a few times when you visited Williams Lake.Anyway if there's a tournament else where thats where we will go, PG is a money crap.

Hockey Mom
(no login)

I have a quarter for you call someone that cares

No score for this post
April 16 2009, 9:43 AM 

How come there is so much whining going on about the hockey acouple weeks ago do these people really think Harley raked in the money?and who do they think paid for the ice time which is a small fortune time keepers Ref's all these people need to get paid this guy sounds like his really sulking about something go home to your mama
at least Sheldon and Harley do this for the love of the game and people like some of these whiners spoil it at one time MEN played for the love of the game now everyone think their super stars and want money maybe next year they should not charge anything and everyone pay for their ice time then we'll see how many people will show up

hockey mom
(no login)

Suck It UP

No score for this post
April 16 2009, 9:46 AM 

sounds like you got left out are you the guy that wanted to play for Wm Lake for money and in the end they never came

Current Topic - Prince George
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Hockey PlayersCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
www.nativesportspg.ca