<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

COMEX 16610--"N" sn, ca. 1992--posted by jac67

July 31 2007 at 7:45 PM

Curator  (Login tomvox1)
VRF Dial Archive Curator
from IP address 70.23.98.69

Note: "Rolex Submariner Date (16610) - Comex issue, N series (1992).

The watch was originally given (1992) to an engineer of Comex who worked for them for 20 years.

Three months after the engineer sold the watch to his friend (a journalist/diver) who has owned it eversince.

The current owner who lives in France wore it diving quite often, and took very good care of it over the years. All servicing of the watch (1998, 2001, 2007) has been done by Rolex France.

The factor which clinched the deal was the fact that the seller will personally hand deliver the watch too me in Australia after Rolex verification.

The seller and I arranged to meet at Rolex Melbourne, and after Rolex giving the green light, payment will made via electronic international bank transfer.

I called Rolex a month prior and spoke to the manager and arranged for him to persoanlly verify the watch, and gave him all the watches details for him to confirm with Geneva before our arrival.

Apart from the watch, it also came with the complete package:
- Outer cardboard box
- Inner green leather box including cushion and wrap
- Chronometer certificate
- Rolex booklets (2), Votre Rolex Oyster and Rolex Submariner
- Green translation booklet
- Calander card (1992/1993)
- Green leather wallet
- Red tag
- Green tag
- Anchor
- Bezel protector
- Service receipts (3) dated 1998, 2001 and 2007
- Service guarantee certificate dated 26 April 2007

Rolex issued an authentication letter, replaced the caseback seal and re-pressure tested the watch, and the deal was done." - J.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Return to the Main Dial Page

Copyright Vintage Rolex Forum © 2002 - 2014