Creator & director : email Cryonics-for-Connectomes or Connectome-Cryonics are equivalent terms for CryoConnectomics or cryoconnectomics. It's now the only cryonics that matters and it has not yet been proven viable-- but it's urgent to do so. It can also potentially falsify the entire cryonics thesis. It is to be distinguished from plastination, uploading and A.I. which is NOT cryonics and is of no interest to cryonicists qua cryonicists. Many cryonicists are also uploaders or transhumanists but cryonics itself is not interested in uploading by definition but rather reversible suspended animation which does require proof of survival of connectomes through vitrification. WAS MUHAMMED ALI FROZEN??? --- Rick Potvin along with Channel 5 in Phoenix will find out! -----Stay tuned!

Return to Main forum page.  

The author of The Penultimate Adventure.

April 21 2004 at 2:21 PM
Rick  (Login recreation)

Response to The Top 20 figures in Cryonics--All Time.

I forgot that author's name, but that guy influenced Ettinger. And the guy that Mike Perry is finishing a book for posthumously-- who came with the cryonics idea at the same time Ettinger did and who coined the phrase freeze, wait, reanimate. I agree with inclusin of Franklin. There was another sci fi writer in the 1930's-- who included suspended animation ideas in the Buck Rogers comic books. I'd include him and Buck Rogers himself as well as Iron Man who was suspended in 1993 in that comic book. I'm just brainstorming here for a minute and obviously won't include fictional comic book characters in my final list. In terms of having influence, however, those characters and their authors are worth something I think. Kubrick for 2001: Space Odyssey for the suspended animation tanks. Brian Wowk for definining death and insisting on the term "preservation" over "suspension". Saul Kent for financing a study that led to Fa*y Wowk's study in Cryobiology April 2004. Dozens of others but I guess we'll have to construct a list more methodically with some definition of what constitutes a significant contribution. Maybe if we do the review year by year, we can do this more methodically. Walt Disney, for example, must be included for having been the center of the rumor of a preservation-- the most famous and well liked personality of all time to be connected with cryonics. I think we can still do something with that. Maybe approach Disney studios or something, after the trouble with Eisner is finished, and make a movie like Tron only with cryonics as the theme.

Respond to this message   

Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

[Cryonics Observer][CryoTalk][Chronopause]