Creator & director : email Cryonics-for-Connectomes or Connectome-Cryonics are equivalent terms for CryoConnectomics or cryoconnectomics. It's now the only cryonics that matters and it has not yet been proven viable-- but it's urgent to do so. It can also potentially falsify the entire cryonics thesis. It is to be distinguished from plastination, uploading and A.I. which is NOT cryonics and is of no interest to cryonicists qua cryonicists. Many cryonicists are also uploaders or transhumanists but cryonics itself is not interested in uploading by definition but rather reversible suspended animation which does require proof of survival of connectomes through vitrification. WAS MUHAMMED ALI FROZEN??? --- Rick Potvin along with Channel 5 in Phoenix will find out! -----Stay tuned!

Return to Main forum page.  

New review of Montville's TW book

April 25 2004 at 3:32 PM
Rick  (no login)

Here's a new review of Monteville's book about TW. [+. Apparently, it's a tome of a book-- exhaustive and unfocused with lots of retreaded material and tiring to read. I think Monteville probably failed to hit a home run with this book by the sounds of it. He should have chosen a particular angle, and with TW that would have to be "how to hit a baseball". I think reviewing TW's life always needs to be done in the context of what TW's focus was. More needs to be said on how he managed to hit the ball so often. Monteville does quote TW, according to this review, on hitting the ball at the top in the first half of the game, and hitting it at the bottom at in the second half. I've never heard that. I wonder if players use that strategy today?

As far as understanding TW goes, I think the best book to read would be "The Science of Hitting". If any one book represents him as his best self, it would have to be that. I've been meaning to get a look a copy but haven't managed to do so yet. It represents the closest possible connection to science, too, which would be interesting to cryonicists.

Respond to this message   

Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

[Cryonics Observer][CryoTalk][Chronopause]