Creator & director : email Cryonics-for-Connectomes or Connectome-Cryonics are equivalent terms for CryoConnectomics or cryoconnectomics. It's now the only cryonics that matters and it has not yet been proven viable-- but it's urgent to do so. It can also potentially falsify the entire cryonics thesis. It is to be distinguished from plastination, uploading and A.I. which is NOT cryonics and is of no interest to cryonicists qua cryonicists. Many cryonicists are also uploaders or transhumanists but cryonics itself is not interested in uploading by definition but rather reversible suspended animation which does require proof of survival of connectomes through vitrification. WAS MUHAMMED ALI FROZEN??? --- Rick Potvin along with Channel 5 in Phoenix will find out! -----Stay tuned!

Return to Main forum page.  

Interesting concept-- he pursued perction-- a 1.0 batting average

April 30 2004 at 8:48 AM
Rick  (no login)

Response to Home Run! Leigh Montville scores with one of the best baseball biographies ever written.

He managed a .406 in 1941, but his goal was a perfect 1.0. I find that interesting because that's as much of a cognitive effort as a physical one. And it's a conceptual thing too-- a very philosophical endeavor. There had to be a spiritual component to the pursuit of 1.0. I can't help but think that our efforts in cryonics to achieve a "perfect preservation" is related somehow. The biggest criticism of cryonics is not that it won't work, but rather that the current level of preservation integrity isn't good enough. If we assigned a number to "perfect preservation" as "1.0", meaning perfect fidelity in terms of molecular level preservation, then we might say that we're "batting a 0.1" at this time. The more I find out about Ted, the more I become convinced that he would have thought cryonics would be a great pursuit-- a pursuit of perfection just like his own. (Thanks for that link! That was indeed a great review and leads me to think that I will indeed read this tome at some point)

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

[Cryonics Observer][CryoTalk][Chronopause]