If the BIble is not error-free, then what is Christianity all about?May 24 2008 at 10:16 PM
|Born Free |
Response to read the book of eskra according to ver
Quoting the Catholic Encyclopedia farley ed vol iii p712,
"Our documentary sources of knowledge about the origins of christianity and its earliest develeopment are chiefly the New3 Testament scriptures, the AUTHENTICITY of which we must, to a great exgent, take for granted."
Taken for granted. without any supporting backup from prestigious history books. why?
... continues the Cath Encyclo pp 655-6, the Church admits "... that the Gospels do not go back to the first century of Christian era"
if so, where did it come from? legendary tales from pagan cults?
- Many versions/denominations - QUITTNER on May 26, 11:02 AM
- So what's Jesus life story before age 30? - Born Free on May 26, 10:01 PM
- Questions, Questions, Questions! - Any answers? - QUITTNER on May 27, 8:52 AM
- You meant the donkey circus more important that Jesus life story? - Born Free on May 27, 10:27 PM
- Writers of history - QUITTNER on May 29, 11:25 AM
- Historians decided which book to read? which path to go? - Born Free on May 30, 10:15 PM
- Historians in biblical times - QUITTNER on Jun 3, 9:01 AM
- Yur advice- ignore all false religion. which one here isn't false? - Born Free on Jun 4, 8:10 AM
- Ratings depend on criteria. Which one(s) to use? - QUITTNER on Jun 20, 8:13 AM