Questions, Questions, Questions! - Any answers?May 27 2008 at 8:52 AM
Response to So what's Jesus life story before age 30?
Born Free, you asked:
1) >>> So what's Jesus life story before age 30? <<<
..... Historians of that time didn't think it important enough to record Jesus' biography. If we can assume that what is in the gospels is not just sales literature, but is actual history, then probably Jesus was just a Jewish social reformer, a member of the Essenes, and probably he objected to the many laws and regulations enacted by the Jewish leaders that were by them, but wrongly attributed to God, and he also objected to the many people who themselves did NOT OBEY whatever they claimed "God" wanted, or not wanted.
2)>>> ... and why was he baptized if he has no sin? <<<
..... Baptism came at the end of the many (difficult?) admission procedures applicants for membership in the group had to undergo. After repentance of all sins up to that time and confession (see Num. 5:7) etc. etc. finally the applicants were admitted to baptism by full immersion during which God was believed to have forgiven all these confessed and repented sins (only once, not again and again!). Then applicants were sinless, and were members (now called "Saints") of the group, pledged to do no more sinning from then on, to always OBEY God, their father, their boss and their king. According to the gospel story Jesus was a member of John the Baptist's group, and later formed his own, similar, group.
3) >>> ... so which among the version/denomination around here is the "authorized" version of Christianity? And can you tell me why and how it was authorized? <<<
..... The only authorized version of Christianity is the FIRST version/denomination, the one by Jesus. Look for people anywhere on this planet who at all times OBEY at all times whatever that FIRST version requires of members, and who ignore all the many changes and additions that came after Jesus had been crucified by the Romans.
4) >>> Was there already Christianity before Constantine? <<<
..... Yes, of course! Jesus lived before Constantine, and what Jesus wanted was the real Christianity. But many people, including clergy, ignore that and wrongly call the later, unauthorized, paganized versions/denominations "Christianity".
- You meant the donkey circus more important that Jesus life story? - Born Free on May 27, 10:27 PM
- Writers of history - QUITTNER on May 29, 11:25 AM
- Historians decided which book to read? which path to go? - Born Free on May 30, 10:15 PM
- Historians in biblical times - QUITTNER on Jun 3, 9:01 AM
- Yur advice- ignore all false religion. which one here isn't false? - Born Free on Jun 4, 8:10 AM
- Ratings depend on criteria. Which one(s) to use? - QUITTNER on Jun 20, 8:13 AM