Return to Index  

Interesting......

February 8 2008 at 6:00 PM
Peter from TN  (Login Matospeter)
YF12

Response to Re: So that is how they work.....

As I said before I have never owned one so I really had no idea how they operated. However now that you describe it, it is beginning to make sense. I see how the transfer port slider would mate the barrel and the tophat. I guess the hammer tube rides around that and hits the larger diameter of the tophat to open the valve? Anyway, your work looks very nice and I especially like the looks of your machined valve body, the threads look great. I finally figured out how to thread in the lathe about three years ago and it is just soo cool. I have built three actions now from scratch and all are currently working but I never seem to be able to get past the " okay it finally works" stage and make a stock worthy of the hard work I put into the action. Maybe now that I have built a carving duplicator I can get some wood on my FT action. I am really intrigued with your fiberglass reinforced epoxy frame idea, keep on keepin' on and let us see what you come up with please. Did you use the billet machines pieces as your mold blanks? Anyway, nice work and good luck!!

Pete

Pete Matos
865-363-9218
Matospeter@charter.net
Safe Journey Space Fans, Wherever you are....

Respond to this message   
Responses