Return to Index  

Some answers..

October 16 2008 at 7:44 PM

(Login Bowman26)
YFOT

Response to Narrowing down questions.

I just added a small pictoral of the process to my last post while you were replying I used a few pics and some screen shots for you to get the idea.

As for being a pest don't worry I am always learning myself. There is so much to know not many could know it all. No wheels on mine. As I mentioned you can jog the machine anyplace you want and also input one line code to rapid it around no different then if you were hand cranking it but who wants to hand crank a wheel 200 times to move 10 inches.

Here is a pic of my 3 Axis Xylotex board mounted with the power supply in a old school metal tool box. You can't see it but I have a PC fan blowing across the board as well. This uses a parallel printer cable and runs through your printer port.

Each of the 3 chips controls a single axis X, Y and Z. The power supply to the board comes from the computer by using a 5v hard drive plug. The power supply in the case runs through the board and powers the stepper motors.

Feel free to ask anything you like. Another posted to this forum also runs CNC setups on small equipment and is very good.

Dee

This message has been edited by Bowman26 on Oct 16, 2008 7:44 PM

Respond to this message