Next Topic >>Return to Index  

AJ Bonar

August 4 2010 at 9:09 PM
  (Login GDIB)
from IP address 71.166.98.125

I'm a friend,student and disciple of AJ. I just found this forum and would love to chat with a non-threatning crowd. It's a real jungle out there GDIB

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Igit
(Login Igit)
Bonar Moderator

DaBat

August 6 2010, 4:49 PM 

I was at a nearby golf course when it had started to rain. Everyone came into the clubhouse, the rain wasn't very heavy. While waiting for the rain to clear I had the club Pro,his assistant and staff all hitting AJ's DaBat training club. One of the staff members had taken a golf lesson from AJ.

Igit

Respond to this message   

(Login GDIB)

Re: DaBat

August 7 2010, 4:33 PM 

Da Bat is cool , I remember using AJ's original.Actually takes a while to learn,but once you do,it's a great lesson. I've got 2 GDIB

Respond to this message   

(Login wch2394)

DaBat

March 19 2012, 7:56 PM 

I have Da Bat with a training grip that I installed. Told AJ about that and he was delighted. I use it as a warm-up device to "remember" the right grip, and to get a strong sense of releasing the club. I hit balls with DaBat off a short tee -- great way to start your practice session. The best image of all, in my case anyway, is to think of driving a nail, with Da Bat, as AJ describes. That helps me to make a proper turn and really kill the ball with no interfering thoughts about elbow position, hip turn, etc..

Respond to this message   

(Login wch2394)

Friend of AJ

March 19 2012, 7:49 PM 

So am I. Would love to chat. AJ is one of the best. I wrote Instinct Putting and the illustrator was Phil Franke. Phil also illustrated AJ's book, the Truth about Golf, and Phil sort of got us together. Anyway, I'd love to hear of your experiences as a student of AJ's. I think the man is incredible.

Cary

Respond to this message   
Hayssam
(Login hayssam)

AJ

September 10 2014, 4:28 PM 

Hi, I played stack and tilt method where you don't release the club head at all.
I was really hitting beautiful draw shots on demand, but this swing always felt as restricted and not that natural.
I discovered AJ 's method, very easy to achieve even for a stack and tilt guy, and it took me to a much more higher level of great sensations through the golf swing.
This turning of the hands is not a new method, but AJ pointed it and built the golf swing around it, and his explanation of "where to hit the ball on the clubface and the nail image" made me hit better shots in no time, and is by far the most effective golf instruction I had.
Regards

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - AJ Bonar
  Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Need a free spelling checker for the message you are about to post? ieSpell works great with Internet Explore; give it a try. BobKy

Est. Feb. 24, 2007 - Page views since Mar. 30, 2007

Free Hit Counters
Hit Counter

Please visit our other golf forums. Blake Swing Forum,Chazman Swing Forum, and Haddix Swing Forum

Also, visit the Single-Axis Golf Forum