<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Stack & Tilt

September 19 2010 at 9:24 PM
Igit  (Login Igit)
Bonar Moderator
from IP address 173.89.94.49

Anyone here playing golf using Stack & Tilt? Is there really anymore than just keeping most of your weight on your front foot? I've heard pro & cons about this method although I think it is easier to hit the ball first then the ground keeping most of the weight on the front foot.

Igit

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

BobKy
(Premier Login bob2aa)
Forum Owner

Hi Igit

September 23 2010, 5:40 PM 

Yes, I'm playing S&Tilt and there is more to it. There are two guys here who have studied under Andy Plummer. I'm friends with one and the other teaches it. FYI, Tiger's new coach is said to have studied S&Tilt also.

Don't have time at this moment to answer more,but you can look on Youtube for S&Tilt videos. Basically, you are trying to stay centered over the ball (no weight "shift.") while you pivot around your spine axis. To do this the weight is slightly on the lead foot, the right leg straightens in the back swing, the lead knee goes perpendicular to your target line (straight away from your body) and your lead leg straightens as you impact the ball.

Sorry,but I've gotta run.

-
Cheers,Bob

LEX,Ky.
[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Al
(Login jamesb2755)

Stack and Tilt

January 18 2013, 4:57 PM 

I have been using Stack and Tilt for six months and have found it helpful for making great contact. If you come from the inside too much make sure to hit out to the right or the turning wrists will hit pull hooks.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Need a free spelling checker for the message you are about to post? ieSpell works great with Internet Explore; give it a try. BobKy

Est. Feb. 24, 2007 - Page views since Mar. 30, 2007

Free Hit Counters
Hit Counter

Please visit our other golf forums. Blake Swing Forum,Chazman Swing Forum, and Haddix Swing Forum

Also, visit the Single-Axis Golf Forum