Vist North Penn Hernia Institute Home Page

LIKE US
LIKE Us on Facebook
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

The Neurography Institute

October 25 2011 at 8:54 AM
Bill 
from IP address 64.190.42.70

Has any one heard about the Neurography Institute for diagnosing Nerve Entrapment or damaged nerves from Direct Inguinal Hernia post op? I am considering going for testing/diagnois. See Link below for more information.

http://www.neurography.com/locations

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous

Re: The Neurography Institute

October 25 2011, 12:58 PM 

Bill, thanks for the link. I decided to call them and get more information. Allow me to share my 'reality' check on this place.

You know how you get this 'gut feeling's that something is amiss when you speak to people? I got this feeling when I called here.

First, she tried to tell me that they use special technology and special this, special that, blah blah blah, but went I was put through to a nurse to answer more specific questions, it was revealed that they are using just a regular MRI machine and a focusing coil, plus specific protocols. I had that done already at another hospital and it did not reveal anything special about the nerves.

When I asked if I could see these protocols, only because I was given the protocols from my previous scans when I requested them, to compare to see if they were similar - because if they are similar I wouldn't go for this MRI - I was told 'no can do'. They were special protocols that were proprietary, blah blah blah. (I'm not big on excuses, as you can see)

See gave me the doctor's name that developed these, Dr. Filler, but was told that he would not respond to emails sent to him to ask questions. Strike two for them.

When asked about the price, since my insurance will not pay for any more MRI's of that area - $3000 out of pocket. Which is more than double what other places charge for out of pocket discounted MRI charges. Many hospitals deeply discount their MRI fee when they realize they don't have to deal with an insurance company and all the paperwork involved in that. She went on to say that Dr. Filler develops 'personalized' protocols and does extensive pre and post imaging processing. What the hell does that mean? It sounds like a bunch of gobbledy-gook and she wasn't able to really explain what he does. After that, I was pretty much done talking to them.

Anyway, just a reality check on what nonsense you might hear if you call and ask specific questions to determine if you are getting your money's worth.

Respond to this message   
Bill

October 25 2011, 8:39 PM 

Thanks for the reply. I will call and gather more information. Any other way to diagnosis nerve entrapment?

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

October 28 2011, 2:17 PM 

I also checked out their websites (thanks for posting it, BTW) and it seems to have alot of information. The bad thing is that this Dr. Filler didn't receive good marks on Vitals.com or ratemds.com. I know you sometimes have to take those with a grain of salt, but more than half the reviews were not positive. So, perhaps that's saying something.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

October 28 2011, 3:05 PM 

Okay, I posted above on Oct. 25 and now have more information to share. Again, thanks Bill for sharing your find. Now, allow me to share what I've learned.

I called their office and spoke with a Michelle, who is a nurse-practitioner. I asked if she could share the protocols, so I could compare them to the previous MRI I had done. She said that she would have to discuss it with Dr. Filler and said she would get back to me on Wednesday. Well...I heard nothing from her or that institute for three whole days. I finally called and I started to get a song and dance why she hadn't gotten back to me sooner - all well-worded fluff. To get to the punch line, he would not share the protocols as they were proprietary, intellectual property. I then did some quick on my feet thinking and asked if he ever published these protocols in a medical journal. She said yes. Hahaha...I told her that they were no longer proprietary. They are in print for anyone to see. She didn't know what to say, but still refused to be more helpful. She made many blanket statements about hernia pain patients, superficial nerves, blah blah blah, I wasn't impressed. It felt like more cat and mouse games to me - a dance with words. Here final recommendation was for me to visit the doctor in person along with my MRI results. Not an unreasonable suggestion until I found out he is in California, and I'm on the east coast. I gave the alternative of allowing me to schedule a phone consultation with him and I could review the MRI results with him over the phone. Nothing doing! She said he doesn't do that sort of thing, that he needs to see all prospective patients in the flesh. So, beware of that aspect.

I see someone else checked him out and I went to those websites referenced above. They are right...he hasn't received the best of reviews. No need for me to recap what those reviews say. Check them out for yourself if you are interested.

Respond to this message   
Bill

October 30 2011, 12:41 PM 

Hello,

I went through the process of them accepting my insurance - my pcp was on the phone for 30 minutes to get a notification code. Things are still pending. I recieved an email from the Neurograhy Institute requesting a $500 deposit and my credit card upfront. Leery... so now where do I go?

Would a Neurosurgeon be the next best step... all these blogs seem so discouraging... once your botched the relief is far and few....

Respond to this message   
Whoever

Do not go there!!!!!!

November 12 2011, 2:37 AM 

Please DO NOT go to Neurography Institute!! They are deceiving and illegally take your money, and they have no compassion for people! For one, they stole my money from my bank unauthorized and they harrass me about getting paid the rest of the balance constantly, as if you are made of money and aren't even trying! It's ridiculous how much they charge and their web site is a bunch of lies. They are the most unprofessional company you will ever deal with! You will not get any help or customer service from them and they will only provide you with heartache after heartache. BEWARE because I have proof of how full of crap this company is. I hope they get put out of business.

Respond to this message   
Whoever

November 12 2011, 2:46 AM 

I also wanted to add that the MRI was a waste of time and money because it didn't help my physician with my problem at all. I can provide proof of how these people run this company and treat the patients. It's completely shady and it needs to stop.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Neurography institue

November 17 2012, 7:41 AM 

When I first leaned about this special MRI I was so hopeful that I could finally get a diagnosis. I called the one phone number they have and went through all the steps, forms needed. When it came to finding out about my insurance courage they made it impossible for me to find out if any would be covered. They wanted money upfront. They stopped returning calls and emails. I am frustrated that this technology is not available elsewhere.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  
NORTH PENN HERNIA INSTITUTE
Home Page