Vist North Penn Hernia Institute Home Page

LIKE US
LIKE Us on Facebook
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

Time for healing ridge to reslove

February 20 2012 at 7:28 PM
Anonymous 
from IP address 76.217.126.132

I had an open inguinal hernia repair w/ mesh approximately 5 weeks ago. I have what I believe is the healing ridge at the hernia repair site. In the definition section of this website it specifies that a healing ridge forms in a few days and remains unchanged for 2-3 weeks, then takes another 2-3 weeks to resolve. I am at week 5 and it does not appear that the healing ridge will be gone within another week.

I was just wondering if it can typically take longer for the healing ridge to go away? I am somewhat worried the hernia may not be fixed and I do not feel comfortable returning to exercising until I am confident I am healed.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
cjk

Re: Time for healing ridge to reslove

February 21 2012, 4:49 PM 

dont worry. i had a pretty invasive second hernia surgery (first one lap) to resolve some issues. it took quite a while for the ridge to soften but it eventually did. i couldn't tell you how long it took but it took longer than most of the internet sources. i'm over a year out and you can't even feel it anymore.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

February 25 2012, 11:34 AM 

thats ironic. this was my 2nd hernia surgery as well. my first one was laparoscopic and for whatever reason, it did not work. which is why i am still nervous that it has not healed completely yet.
thanks for the response.

its been about 6 weeks and I am getting back to running and lifting as of today. can't wait to get back to things being off since november with both these surgeries.

Respond to this message   
Staying Positive

March 19 2012, 10:30 AM 

My surgery was open inguinal but in Feb.2011.How are you feeling now?

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

March 23 2012, 5:23 PM 

It's been nine months and I'm still waiting for my healing ridge to abate. I don't think it's going to happen as I have seen no softness or flatness at the incisional site since 8-weeks post-op. very uncomfortable and very sad :-(

Respond to this message   
selvin

inguiun herina

March 30 2012, 7:38 AM 

What do u meen by open suray tell me

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  
NORTH PENN HERNIA INSTITUTE
Home Page