LIKE US
LIKE Us on Facebook
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

Help! Lidocaine 5% Ointment, more

March 3 2015 at 8:11 PM
Sue 
from IP address 98.155.178.183

Hello,
Has anyone ever had Lidocaine 5% Ointment prescribed to put on their Inguinal Hernia Pain Site? I have been trying everything from Morphine, Oxy, and then the Insurance Co. said no to a Lidocaine Patch. Finally yes to Lidocaine 2.5% and Prilocaine 2.5% Cream,NO HELP!! Now they say try this Lidocaine 5% Ointment for six months?????? I need this mesh and plug out of me and a retroperitoneal neurectomy done it sounds like. Any advice please??????
Thank you caring friends!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Jerry

Help! Lidocaine 5% Ointment, more

March 4 2015, 7:51 PM 

Hi Sue,
Can you tell us more about the nature of your surgery - when it was done, what you had done, what kind of plug and patch were used, whether it was open or laparoscopic, and where most of your pain is (as well as any other symptoms you may be experiencing)?
That kind of information will help us understand a little bit more about what you're going through and help us make more targeted suggestions/referral recommendations.

Respond to this message   
Sue

More details

March 10 2015, 11:26 AM 

Hi Jerry,
I am a "longtime" N.P. Forum Reader and user. It has been Very helpful!! Lot's of great people out there willing to help and share there info. You probably read my info. months or years ago, since this Atrium Medical Pro Loop Mesh and Plug have been inside me for an Inguinal Hernia surgery 2010 open. I have been living in SEVERE PAIN. NOTHING helps! Done the Pain clinics, meds., etc. Now battling insurance to get sent out of state to go to a qualified experienced Hernia Mesh Removal surgeon. So that is it. Severe pain, and I wish I would, (like MANY of us), all the details about what this Polypropylene mesh can and DOES inside our bodies!!! I would NOT have let them put it in me!!! Thanks for all your help everyone. Oh, as far as this Lidocaine cream it doesn't numb anything. The insurance company wouldn't pay for the patch but said we really want you to give the cream a try for six months????? Well I say save your money and let me go get my surgery. All the pain clinics and meds. do nothing for my pain.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  
NORTH PENN HERNIA INSTITUTE
Home Page