WWII POLISH AIR FORCE FORUM "Honor i Ojczyzna" - Please visit our website at www.305squadron.com

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Sgt Kenneth Fryer RAF (305 sqn)

May 24 2016 at 10:42 AM
barry fryer  (Login barryfryer)
from IP address 87.203.126.65

hello, I am the son of Sgt. Kenneth Fryer and Audrey Fryer (then A.C. Tanner) who met whilst serving on 305 Sqn at Hemswell (1942??)
My mother worked as a WAAF in the stores and my father was squadron Armourer and unofficial interpreter.
If anybody is interested my mother is still alive and living with me and my family in Southern France. She can still sing the Polish National Anthem from those days.
Is my mother entitled to any Polish war medal ?
If anybody remembers my father who died 3 years ago, or my mother, please contact me.
Barry Fryer
ps. she still has photos from those days

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Justin Perkowicz
(Login NT198SQN305)

305 Sqn - Chateau Maulny

August 18 2016, 7:34 AM 

Hi Barry,
I am unable to help with your question but was wondering if you could help me. I have been documenting my late father's service from July-December 1944 in 305SQN. On the night of 2nd August 1944 he was navigator in one of 6 Mosquitoes that bombed Chateau Maulny north of Le Mans near Montbizot (LatLong 48.1665651,0.1464792 I think). The chateaus was demolished in the 1970's. I have been unable to find any information about this raid and was looking for someone who lived locally who may have remembered it. I easily got the name and address from the French phone book of the current owner but am not not game enough to make any contact. This raid is undocumented and was one of three conducted with a few days of each other at that time. If you are able to help in way please advise. Justin.

Respond to this message   
GeoffBurton
(Login GeoffBurton)

305 Sqn

January 2 2017, 11:27 AM 

Hi Barry,

Just trawling through my saved areas and came across your message from May last year.

I'm Chair and founder of RAF Ingham Heritage Group, just down road from RAF Hemswell. 305 Sqn came to us in 1943.

We are now the official "Home of the Polish Bomber Sqns".

I was sorry to hear that Father has passed away, as it would be great to hear the war-time RAF stories from both your parents.

Please get in touch directly via, rafingham@hotmail.co.uk

We also have a website www.rafingham.co.uk , as well as Twitter & Facebook at rafingham

Hope to speak soon.

Kind Regards

Geoff

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on ReenactmentsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
"Honor i Ojczyzna"