Return to Index  

Tall and

September 8 2008 at 8:54 AM

(Premier Login bob2aa)
Forum Owner

Response to Hey BobKy, share your new swing style

Straight,is my catch-phrase for the swing. Stand upright and keep the clubface closed on the backswing;the clubface will be pointing skyward at the top of the backswing.

See how erect Colin Montgomerie is standing:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mandj98/367290198/

The main thing I find about this tall stance is that it helps eliminate the hooks. If a person slices the ball,the upright stance may not be good for them. It is also easier on my back.

Played in a golf tournament this weekend and shot 78 and 77. I had some misses to the right and they got my in trouble,but overall I was pleased with my play.

One of the guys I played with was about 5'5" and 140 pounds,but he pounded the ball. The main thing I noticed about his swing was how he "posted" up on his lead leg at impact (straight lead leg like Tiger does.)
I will definitely be trying to post-up on my lead during my next practice session.

Respond to this message   

Need a free spelling checker for the message you are about to post? ieSpell works great with Internet Explore; give it a try. BobKy

Est. April 1, 2007. Page views since April 11,2007

Free Web Counter
Free Counter

BobKy is the forum moderator. View daily forum activity = Page Views

Please visit our other golf forums. Blake Swing Forum,Bonar Swing Forum, and Chazman Swing Forum

Also, visit the Single-Axis Golf Forum