<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

A new swing idea- at least for me- One move to Better Golf by Carl LOHREN

May 24 2008 at 2:56 PM
No score for this post
  (Login golfballhunter)
from IP address 76.101.184.170

as the shoulders rotate on the back swing, the muscles in the left side lenghten and become taut. IT is this tautness that stops the coiling of the shoulders-
actually before the back swing in completed.,as i pointed out- and induces a start in the opposite direction.(He bases alot of his ideas on Hogan).

The rubber band strecting is an oversimplification
and snaping back is an oversimplification, because muscles don't act that way, but for the purposees of understanding the analogy is good enough.

IT IS THIS INSTINCTIVE REACTION THAT CAUSES THE FORWARD SWING.

WHy you may ask does this cause the left leg to
lead the down swing, driving laterally toward the target?

WHY DOES NOT THE UPPER BODY SIMPLYS SPIN BACK AROUND
LIKE A TOP CAUSING THE ARMS AND CLUB TO BE SPUN COUNTERCLOCLWISE ON A SIMULAR PATH?

Lets first look at the lower body. the term lower body lead implies that the lower body unwinds first.
IT DOES NOT.
But it is closer to the target and because it has not been pulled around as much as the upper bodyit only looks like it is going first.If you have wound properly
early in the swing, your back muscles get fully wound before your hands have reached the top of the swing.
The hands are taking a longer route to get there.
Therefore your shoulders are still under the centrifugal force that is carring your arms, hands, and club
around to the top. THEY ARE NOT FREE TO MOVE IN THE OPPISITE DIRECTION EVEN THOUGH THEY MIGHT WANT TO.
YOUR LOWER BODY IS NOT UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF THIS CENTRIFICAL FORCE AND IS FREE TO MOVE.
THAT EXPLAINS WHY THE LOWER BODY LOOKS LIKE IT IS MOVING FORWARD BEFORE THE BACK SWING IS COMPLETED WHILE THE CLUB IS STILL MOVING AROUND BEHIND YOU.
THIS REALLY IS WHAT HAPPENS, EVEN THOUGH THE IMPULSE
THAT IS CAUSING THIS FORWARD MOVE HAS COME FROM THE INTINTIVE NEED OF THE SHOULDERS TO UWIND AND -NOT-
FROM A CONSCIOUS MOVEMENT OF THE LEGS.

----------------------------------------------------
That enough i am tired - so the upper body does not
spin back around like a top because it is under
centrifucial force going back and the lower body
is not under this force, so it can move forward.
Sound logical but i need to study some more.
I have never heard anyone explain it this way before
The upper body can't do what it want's at least going
up and before the down swing because a force to
strong
for us to fight is taking it up away towards the top
THt upper body can't spin- it's going the other way
under centrificial force. The lower body tries to lead
because there is nothing else to lead-even so it don't
go first!!
Think about it and then decide something.

My concept of the swing may have changed!!
I think everyone should buy this book and at least
study it a little. I have some different things
to try when i can play again Just think about turning
your upper left side as far as you can and the rest
will take care of itself- maybe

JC

This message has been edited by golfballhunter from IP address 76.101.184.170 on May 24, 2008 2:56 PM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Current Topic - A new swing idea- at least for me- One move to Better Golf by Carl LOHREN
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Need a free spelling checker for the message you are about to post? ieSpell works great with Internet Explore; give it a try. BobKy

Est. April 4, 2007. Page views since April 5,2007

Free Counter
Free Counter

Please visit our other golf forums. Blake Swing Forum,Bonar Swing Forum, and Haddix Swing Forum

Also, visit the Single-Axis Golf Forum

Daily Page Views