The Open Seiko Watch Forum, OSWF

Return to the OSWF  

Honor & Thanks to all Veterans, past present & future!...I come from a family heritage

November 11 2008 at 11:48 AM
No score for this post

Poseidon-Jim  (Login Poseidon-Jim)

Response to Honoring our Veterans post on Veterans Day....

that is vast in Military service & tradition going back to before WW1.

I on this day give my thanks and prayers to all those that served and gave there best for Honor Duty & Country in past present and the coming future!

Thank you SirLex for your post, it's with great respect and thanks to you and the others here on the Net54 forum that have replied and for all that will pull the post up in the future to read, that I reply to it here today.

My Dad voluntarily (enlisted) into the USMC in early 1953 and served in the Korean conflict and reached the Rank of Buck Sargent with medals of service for Korean national Defense & others in his 3 yr tour of Duty.
~ Naturally he was a Heroic Patriotic Marine & Father growing up in our household & conducts himself to this day as one with Honor & pride of his service and all other veterans.

We were raised to be Patriotic in our home, a home where we watch any & every type of war or combat movies on the television or the news & follow it closely...
~ so it's no wonder I too followed in my Dads footsteps & also enlisted in the the USMC in early 1980 and went off to Parris Island later that year.

My Grandfather as well was an USMC veteran, he enlisted just before December 7th 1941 & served with Honor in both the Pacific & European theater of operations durring the whole of WW2/Korea and VietNam.
~ He spoke German & understood Japanese, so his MOS & battlefied promotions added up fast in his career & retired from the USMC with 30 yrs total service at Mastery Gunnery Sgt., then worked a base Civil service job at the Marine Air station in Jacksonville NC with Radar operations.
He passed away from Cancer from what was acknowledged as Agent Orange poisoning from his various exposures during his various service in the Viet Nam Conflict., and with Great Honor & Respect the Secretary of the Navy & Secretary of Defense as well as the countless government & Military officer personnel attended his large funeral with full Military Honors.

There are others in our family that heeded the call to Honor & Duty going back to WW1 & before, and special remembrance goes out to my Great Uncle who was a US Navy Diver & lost his life off the coast of Russia later in those years after his service in WW1, conducting special Navy operations underwater for the service of our country.

It's with great Honor that I wanted to become a US Marine & inside everyone of us, there's something that calls for us to go or do a certain thing in ones life at any age & that was my calling as an 17 yr old boy and I'm very thankful for it, as that younger guy became a man through it all.

OOh-Rah & Semper Fi,
[linked image]

Happy 233rd. Birthday USMC 1775-2008 & Happy Veterans Day!

~Jim

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Find more forums on WatchesCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement