The Open Seiko Watch Forum, OSWF

Return to the OSWF  

I looked @ a good number of those, but never bought. I then "found" the Seiko 7015 ...

November 13 2008 at 6:38 PM
No score for this post
Don  (Login dcrotty1)

Response to A Chronostop for me today...

and 7017 [functional equivalents of the Omega] and the Citizen 5700 selling for much lower prices & bought them instead of the Omega. I ended up really liking the Seiko 701x line of flybacks [7015, 7016, 7017, & 7018] & the Citizen Flybacks [5700, 8100, & 8110]. I believe the Omega is NOT a Flyback??? So, great value on the Seiko & Citizen lines and lots of really interesting case designs. In addition, the Seiko & Citizen versions of "Chronostop" are auto-wind, while the Omega is hand-wind I believe. A couple models of the Seiko 7017 look quite similar to the typical Omega Chronostop, quite a "classic" look which impresses me about the Omega.

I also considered an old Seiko Crown Chronograph [5717 or 5719] but was reluctant to pay the prices being asked for the few really nice condition examples around from ca. 1964. This series is also NOT Flyback, just regular chronograph.

Anyway, I enjoyed seeing your Omega - it seems quite clean & well cared-for!!!

====================================
[linked image]

Seiko Matsuda
The Patron Saint of Seiko Collectors

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Find more forums on WatchesCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement