The Open Seiko Watch Forum, OSWF

Return to the OSWF  

Peter's Suspension and subsequent Banning from the Forum...

November 24 2008 at 6:33 PM
No score for this post

(Login Pepsidiver)
Forum Owner

Peter was not suspended for bashing Network54 or for posting in the Network54 problem thread. Peter was suspended for openly insulting me on the Forum, accusing me of "Being one of them". Alluding that my attitude toward the Network54 problems as being part of the problem. Threatening to leave the OSWF if the Network54 problems were not fixed, and then announcing that he was leaving the OSWF. Peter also posted with regards to what was happening at the time that, "You haven't seen nothing yet." Which Certainly sounded like a threat to me and the OSWF in general. That post was made after the Suspension was in place. Peter also stated that if the Network54 problems were not fixed fast, that the OSWF would be losing members. All this while me and another Mod were working on getting the Network54 problems fixed. Openly on the Forum, everyone saw that me and Mike were trying to come to some type of plan of action to address the member's problems that they were having with Network54.

On Saturday evening, Peter was commenting in a thread that was setup for documenting the Network54 problems. That thread was then to be forwarded to the Network54 Admins. Starting to post things other than Network54 problems in that thread would have corrupted that thread and it's purpose.

Basically, Peter's actions were interfering with fixing the one thing that he was complaining so much about!!

Peter continued to come onto the Forum after he was informed by me of his suspension. Peter also continued to post on the Forum, using another Network54 account and coming through another IP Address. Directly violating the suspension. For that infraction, Peter was Banned, after Multiple Warnings from me to not come to the Forum, to not Post on the Forum, and to adhere to the suspension. Peter ignored every request and warning that I gave to him.

However, Peter continues to come to the OSWF and post under other aliases and through other IP Addresses.

Peter does Not Own or run this Forum. I Own it and me and Mods run it. While the OSWF is a very lightly moderated Forum, it is not the wild west!! There needs to be some type of decorum and limited control on the forum and Peter was not adhering to that, he was just making things worse.

I have not had any personal communication from Peter other than his posts of Saturday evening on the Forum.

Todd.
OSWF Owner

[linked image]

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room." President Merkin Muffley

This message has been edited by Pepsidiver on Nov 24, 2008 7:01 PM
This message has been edited by Pepsidiver on Nov 24, 2008 6:50 PM
This message has been edited by Pepsidiver on Nov 24, 2008 6:46 PM
This message has been edited by Pepsidiver on Nov 24, 2008 6:35 PM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on WatchesCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement