The Open Seiko Watch Forum, OSWF

Return to the OSWF  

It's much more simpler than that...

November 25 2008 at 7:50 AM
No score for this post

Pepsidiver  (Login Pepsidiver)
Forum Owner

Response to Please dont "Delete/Lock or Trim" my post please!

I have Never Banned or Suspended anyone, EVER, for voicing their beliefs and/or opinions. The current list of Banned/Suspended members broke rules that have been in place since the OSWF's inception. The one main rule that all on the list broke without question was to openly personally attack, me or the Mods on the Forum.

As to the vote for the members as to who gets suspended. That won't work. For those who the vote didn't go their way, they may feel slighted by the rest of the Forum. Plus this could easily turn into a Mob rule type of thing.

The OSWF has in place rules and the Mods to handle people who break the very small and simple set of rules on this Forum.

Lately those rules have had to be enforced. As to the deletion and or locking of threads: Me and the OSWF Mods try our best to not delete or lock posts. But we will not leave direct insults and/or personal attacks on the Forum. It looks bad for new people coming here who want to just enjoy the watch community.

The current OSWF rules are simple and easy to understand and follow, and have been in place since the beginning. For those who decide to not follow them, then they are not welcome on this Forum. Period! Please remember, this Forum does not have NO rules!

Now, the other thing is that if you guys think I take Suspending or Banning someone lightly, that's just not true. The people who have been suspended and/or banned received multiple warnings asking them to stop what they are doing and/or to not do it again. In every instance, they ignored those warnings.

It's not really for the members to decide who does and who does not get suspended or banned. And I can't leave some post up as those posts cause direct damage to the forum overall. Me and the Mods not not like to delete or lock posts. But forum damaging posts can't be left up for days on end, while all the members see it and decide whether or not an OSWF rule was violated. The OSWF members just have to trust me and the Mods.

I may be the owner of the OSWF, but I am not the Boss. I, along with the Mods, are the referees of the OSWF. We ensure that the small set of simple rules are enforced so that others can enjoy the game. When those rules are broken, penalties are imposed.

Todd.
OSWF owner.

[linked image]

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room." President Merkin Muffley

This message has been edited by Pepsidiver on Nov 25, 2008 10:42 AM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on WatchesCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement