The Open Seiko Watch Forum, OSWF

Return to the OSWF  

I can name not just one other forum that does that...

November 25 2008 at 11:10 AM
No score for this post

(Login Isthmus)
Banned

Response to The other Mods are all aware of all...

But several.

You really should try not to use absolutist adjectives (such as "The Only" or "the Best" or "the most popular" or "the biggest") when comparing the forum you run to others. Just like most members here are not privy to the internal workings of the forum management process, the staff of this forum is not privy to the same process in other forums. To unilaterally declare any one forum to be the to or best in any one category, or the sole exerciser of any one positive attribute, is not only be inaccurate, but doesn't reflect positively on the person making the claim (especially if that person represents the forum staff).

In all fairness, I think all forums wrestle with maintaining a balance between open discussion and intraforum member relationships, while keeping the forum character and focus defined. How maintaining that balance is reflected publicly on the actions of the forum staff varies from forum to forum and from individual situation to individual situation, in every forum I've ever seen, both for the good and for the bad of all involved.

[linked image]

GO HOKIES

This message has been edited by Isthmus on Nov 25, 2008 11:13 AM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Find more forums on WatchesCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement