The Open Seiko Watch Forum, OSWF

Return to the OSWF  

thanks, Ed. In the 90s I was interested in dual boot and read

December 13 2008 at 8:22 PM
No score for this post
Thian  (Login thianwong)
Banned

Response to Yes, Thian, that is correct. (more)

about partitioning etc. but never dared to try for fear of screwing things up.

Now I have the little 8.9 ASUS Eee with XP loaded and the Linux recovery disK for it.
But I thought I could run ubuntu from the external CD for fun and testing. I can hook my internet connection now to the little ASUS and it all works fine , running Xp with 1 gig of memory and 40 gigs of harddrive. I can run DVD movies on it too. I just set up Skype on the ASUS too and enabled the builtin 1.3 webcam which works....

Thanks for explaining that changing the bios boot order will not screw things up.
I would ultimately like to have a usb flash loaded with Eeeubuntu or clones updated versions which I have read which are improved but not created by Linux itself for the Eee XP model....

I know there are directions on how to load a usb flash stick but I hesitate cuz I feel I might screw it up haha!

So I opted to reorder ubunto cd free again and give it a try.....so I can now go into the bios of the ASUS and change the boot order, as you directed.

My point is: Now I have minimal needs for a computer so Linux seems a good option instead of always relying on bloated XP. I wish ASUS would sell preloaded usb flash drives for sale! haha!

Appreciate your knowledge! thanks!

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Find more forums on WatchesCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement