The Open Seiko Watch Forum, OSWF

Return to the OSWF  

A really, really dumb question.......

April 26 2009 at 3:06 PM
No score for this post

Rene~  (Login time_watcher)
Banned

I mentioned before about the problem I had with the lume coming off of one of my hands on my Zodiac and fortunately have found a person to re-lume it for me but my question is this:
I read a post somewhere lately written about hands re-luming to see how the procedure was done..... I'm curious.... you match the lume color and then mix the parts together, hold the hands with the back side up-wards and then apply a thin even coating with an oiler or toothpick and then apply..... WHAT keeps the lume from simply falling thru onto the other sides of the hands? I mean if you have an empty space or open hole, the solution/lume would simply fall thru that hole wouldnt it?
I dont understand! As I said.... its a really dumb question but can you enlighten me?
Another thing I wondered is that when you lume indices the lume is usually put on thickly or what I call in "globs" as the more lume applied, the brighter it will glow....... on hands the lume is not globed on but is put on very thinnly and is flattened out so as not to look globby! How is that done?
My ????s make any sense?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on WatchesCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement