The Open Seiko Watch Forum, OSWF

Return to the OSWF  

Well with all the games going on, I figured I'd do a post about my favorite watch!

July 21 2009 at 9:42 PM
No score for this post

Poseidon-Jim  (Login Poseidon-Jim)

Hey guys, good to be here as usual even with no one around it appears. So I thought with the games going on in other places, that I would hang out and do a post titled "My Favorite watch".

The post title is really a question in a sense, as I have a few watches that I really hold special to me & my journey through WISdom thus far. It's a hard one to really narrow down to an exact watch or that 1 special watch you love best!

I have a very good appeal for both Automatic watches & Quartz watches all in the Divers lines. Yes I'm into the Divers & always have been since 1979, and the Seiko brand has really been the only watch for me all the way through, eventhough I've had others during this trip into WISdom.

Okay, since your saying come-on & get on with it, I'm in too much suspense!

The 3 watch model or calibers I have always liked the best are the Seiko 6309 auto diver series, and the H558 & the 7548 quartz divers.

They really have that rough & tough hard core diver and military look & reputation to them, and there looks are just unbeatable the way I see it.

So without further ado, here they are in there glory:

[linked image]

oops, there in that box somewhere?

First is the 7548 series Diver, just a fantastic weighted and well fitting watch in all respects & these quartz divers do have soul as much of it as any Automatic the way I see them, since they are a multi jeweled movement:

[linked image]

Next is the Arnie H558 series sport diver, and I don't even need to tell you how attached I am to these bad boys, there totally awesome wearing, they sit lower than you would think, and have a good wide diameter with so many features in the digital array, that I just admire these so much, as well as to the Man there named after (Arnie) which I have followed from his early days.

[linked image]

Now to the all powerful awesome one, the 6309-7XXX series divers both in the large cushion UFO case & the smaller slim taper case models. These need no introduction, as there the mainstay on the forums! All other makes take a back seat to these indestructible vintage grails, for too many reasons to even begin to write about.

Cushion case: [linked image]

Slim Taper case: [linked image]

So your asking your self, which watch do I like best?

That answer is too hard to make in reality, and while I love each watch many times over, I sincerely can't choose between just 1 model, and I feel all 3 models are on equal ground...

Your saying but Jim, which one led you into WISdom first and is your true first love?

Well thats true, there is 1 of the 3 that was my first love and that would be the most loved watch in this 3-some, that being the 6309-704X from my days as a younger guy in the Military, that's where & when I discovered these hard as nails quality dive watches, and they have been on my wrist & mind ever since for the last 30 years.

Thanks & hope you liked the thread-

Jimmy

[linked image]

This message has been edited by Poseidon-Jim on Jul 21, 2009 9:55 PM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on WatchesCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement