Okay guys, here's the scoop. All this info was gleaned from the Net.
1st Watch, Hamilton Khaki Action Twilight:
This watch was made specifically for the Movie. But strangely, Will Smith never wears the watch in the film. I have not seen any cut scenes or read anywhere where it says that he did wear it. Now, it may be that he was intended to wear it in the film, but at some point the decision was made for him not to.
The Twilight model shows the times that Twilight both starts and ends, on the 1st, 11th and 21st of each month, just for New York City. It has a dual-tone dial, and is available with either leather or stainless strap.
Hamilton Twilight's special alarm goes off at this time everyday. Pretty cool.
- [Movement: Automatic, ETA 2893 Movement]
- [Swiss Made]
- [Dial: Silver and Black dial]
- [Screw Down crown]
- [Stainless Steel]
- [Glass: Scratch resistant Sapphire crystal]
- [Luminous hands]
- [Case diameter: 44 mm]
- [Lug width 24mm]
- [Case: Stainless steel case]
- [Skeleton back case]
- [Stainless Steel and rubber middle link Bracelet]
- [Water resistance: 200 meters / 660 feet]
- [Feature: Two time zone (GMT), Third time zone in the turning bezel, Day at 3 O'Clock, Special screw and
This Hamilton is hard to find, but it is out there. You should be able to pick one up for about $550.00. I've always wanted one, and I may get one this summer
Here's a link to the watch on Hamilton's Site:
Here are a few shots of the watch:
2nd Watch, Hamilton X-Wind, Black Dial:
Will Smith does wear this watch in the film.
- Swiss Made 25 Jewel Valjoux 7750 Automatic Chronograph Movement
- Stainless Steel Case with Display Back
- Black Face with Stainless Steel Hour Markers and Luminescent Stainless Steel Hour Hands Stainless Steel
- Screw Down Crowns and Chronograph Buttons
- External Rotating Bezel and Two Internal Rotating Bezels
- Sapphire Crystal
- Water Resistant to 10 ATM (100 Meters/300 Feet)
- Lug to Lug Length: 2.125 inches (54.0 mm) Diameter without Crown and Chronograph Buttons (Bezel): 1.75
inches (44.0 mm)
- Case Thickness: 3/8 inch (15.0 mm)
- Overall Length including Band: 9.50 inches (24.13 cm)
- Band Width: 7/8 inch (21.0 mm)
- Band Extension for Diving: 4.00 inches (10.16 cm)
Again, this watch can be had for about $550.00. And there are a lot of them out there. This watch is basically the same watch as my Hamilton Khaki Navy Regatta sailors watch, which many of you have seen before. With some small differences such as the Bezel and the Dial. Here's a link to my review on the Navy Regatta:
Here's a link to the Hamilton Khaki Navy Regatta on Hamilton's Site:
Here's a link to the X-Wind watch on Hamilton's Site:
Here's a shot of Will Smith wearing the X-Wind in the film:
Here are a few shots of the X-Wind watch:
3rd Watch, Swiss Army ST4000:
This one is interesting. The watch that Will Smith wears in the film has been modified for the film. The Swiss Army Logo has been removed and in it's place, the number 12 has been added. You can see this in the Pics below. I'm not really sure why this was done, but I have a feeling that Swiss Army either did not want to have the watch in the film, or had pulled out of the endorsement at some point.
- SWISS MADE MULTIFUNCTION ANALOG DIGITAL MOVEMENT
- BAROMETER, ALTIMETER AND THERMOMETER FUNCTIONS
- CHRONOGRAPH AND ALARM FUNCTIONS
- BRUSHED STAINLESS STEEL CASE MEASURES 42MM (1 5/8"), 47MM WITH CROWN AND PUSHER, 15MM THICK
- RUBBER STRAP WITH STAINLESS STEEL BUCKLE
- MINERAL CRYSTAL
- LUMINOUS HANDS
- WATER RESISTANT TO 30 METERS
- ST-4000 CHRONO SPECIFICATIONS:
Current Altitude: -4,000 to 30,000 feet in 5 foot increments
-1,330 to 10,000 meters in 1 meter increments
Weather Sea Level Barometer: 28.84 to 31.00 inches of mercury with .01 resolution
977 to 1,050 millibars with 1 millibar resolution
Temperature: 32º F to 122º F in 1º increments 0º C to 50º C in 1º increments
- Sport Functions
Vertical Ascent and Descent: To 999,995 feet in 5 foot increments To 999,995 meters in 1 meter increments
Maximum Altitude: -4,000 to 30,000 feet in 5 foot increments
1,330 to 10,000 meters in 1 meter increments
Runs: To 199; run counter is tripped by a 150 foot / 50 meter descent
- Clock / Calendar
Time of Day: 12 or 24 hour format; to 1 second
Alarm: To one minute
Date: Month/day/year (US) format
Day/month/year (European) format
Elapsed Time and Splits: Resolution .05second to 29:59.95,
1 second 30:00 to 23:59:59
Memory: Up to 32 splits
I'm pretty sure that this Swiss Army Watch has been discontinued. But you can still get them on eBay pretty cheap. You should be able to pick one up for about $200.00.
Here's a shot of Will Smith wearing the ST4000 in the film:
Here are a few other shots of the ST4000 watch:
And that's about it. Oh, except for this: The reason for the Hamilton Twilight is that the watch beeps when Twilight starts and ends. This allows Will Smith to know when the Vampires are going to come out and try to kill him. The the Vampires only come out at night. So he must get back to his house. "But he doesn't wear the Hamilton Twilight" you say. Yes, this is correct, but he uses the ST4000 for this purpose and just sets it to go off when twilight is starting.
I have no idea of the purpose of the Hamilton X-Wind.
I hope you guys have enjoyed this post.
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room." President Merkin Muffley