The Open Seiko Watch Forum, OSWF

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to the OSWF  

I am NOT, repeat............NOT

January 13 2009 at 4:59 PM
No score for this post

Rene~  (Login time_watcher)
Banned

trying to start anything but to me this is just plain outright going over the top as far as rules/regulations are concerned!!!!! sad.gif

http://www.network54.com/Forum/170229/message/1231785907/VINTAGE+CITIZEN+100M+QUARTZ+DIVER+EXCELLENT+CONDITION-RECENT+OVERHAUL-%24130
This person was actually told that if he did not stop using CAPS in his header that his trading privileges would be suspended!!!
How petty can you get???

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

dennis lacey
(Login dennis3506)

Well, he had already been asked...

No score for this post
January 13 2009, 5:48 PM 

to desist. I guess if you keep flouting the rules, as petty as you may think they are, the moderator has the option of suspending you.

Pepsidiver
(Login Pepsidiver)
Owner

I have to agree...

No score for this post
January 13 2009, 8:47 PM 

To continue to break rules of the forum which are clearly stated, deserves a suspension. Now as to the rule, that's another story and everyone has their own opinion on certain rules. But if everyone knows the rules, why should some be able to break the rules while others follow them?

Todd.

[linked image]

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room." President Merkin Muffley

Isthmus
(Login Isthmus)
Banned

If you're not starting anything, then why bring it up?

No score for this post
January 13 2009, 8:50 PM 

forum rules exist for a reason (and on a sales forum toeven the playing field for all participants). the first couple of times you mess up, it's easy to chalk it up to being a noob. If you've been warned then there really isn't much of an excuse other than you are choosing to intentionally disregard the moderator's request. Where is the problem?

[linked image]
GO HOKIES

Rene~
(Login time_watcher)
Banned

Because I personally think it's a petty rule...

No score for this post
January 13 2009, 8:55 PM 

after all....... what possible difference could it make if a person put an AD up in CAPS?? Think about it Gabe! You are correct... rules are rules but that's just pushing it too far! It's no wonder folks have left that Forum with rules like that!
I just went back to read the Trading Guidelines and saw NO mention that CAPS could not be used when advertizing!

This message has been edited by time_watcher on Jan 13, 2009 8:58 PM

Pepsidiver
(Login Pepsidiver)
Owner

Well if there is no rule, (which I didn't check, good job Rene), but...

No score for this post
January 13 2009, 9:33 PM 

If the mods have asked him to stop, then he should still stop.

Todd.

[linked image]

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room." President Merkin Muffley

Rene~
(Login time_watcher)
Banned

I looked as well as I thought

No score for this post
January 13 2009, 9:50 PM 

but it IS possible that I somehow missed it or it may have been in small print!
I agree again that the rules are the rules but I just think it seemed silly.
Oh well..... I guess I should never have brought it up!
Sorry for causing any problems for anyone!

Isthmus
(Login Isthmus)
Banned

It used to be written as a rule...

No score for this post
January 14 2009, 10:49 AM 

not sure where it went. It was written along with not using windings and other symbols. the idea behind it is that when people add windings, exclamations and other symbols (including all caps), they make it difficult for readers to see the other posts (it's distracting). Also doing so tends to draw attention to those posts, often at the expense of others. since this is a trading forum for collectors and not professional sellers, the idea is for everyone to have an equal and comfortable playing field in which to trade their pieces. Most sales forums in most sites actually ask sellers not to post in that manner for much the same reason.

It's not petty at all. it's actually very practical.

[linked image]
GO HOKIES

OldHippie1968
(Login OldHippie1968)
Banned

Well.....As it has already been said.....Rules are rules.....

No score for this post
January 14 2009, 10:51 AM 

No matter how petty they may seem to someone the rules are still there to be followed. They may seem ridiculous, but they are the rules on that playground. To side with the mods, if you continue to break the rules, no matter how petty they may seem, you have to pay the price. That being said, let's move on there is nothing more to see here folks. I hate to do this, but I'm locking this so we can move along.

Mike
Moderating Team

This message has been edited by OldHippie1968 on Jan 14, 2009 10:52 AM

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to the OSWF  
Find more forums on WatchesCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement