The Open Seiko Watch Forum, OSWF

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to the OSWF  

6309-704X ???

March 16 2009 at 8:10 PM
No score for this post

Rene~  (Login time_watcher)
Banned

I'm not complaining really but am just curious... maybe someone has a logical explaination?
I advertised a WTB several times on this and other watch forums for a case, case back etc for a 6309-7049 and not a single reply... (I'm talking about a 3 month period of time). I finally almost gave up until I found a seller on another forum who had a really nice case that included a crystal, bezel, bezel insert and a custom chapter ring. Well, I thought the price was a fair one and bought it and am now waiting for its arrival.
I am still looking however for a case back for it as it did not have a case back (a bit strange I thought but oh well).
My question is this....... as popular as the 6309s are and with as many, many of them that are out there, why are not parts seemingly readily available for them? I know that inserts and the cosmetic aftermarket parts are a dime a dozen but why not the cases themselves??
Am I missing something or am I just simply ignorant?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Zoodles95
(Premier Login Zoodles95)
Banned

Hit up Ramon or someone like him...

No score for this post
March 16 2009, 9:16 PM 

He often has casebacks for sale and I wouldn't be surprised if he had some 6309-704x casebacks kicking around.

I suspect most keep the cases together as it is probably more profitable to sell an entire watch.

"Making the world a better place one Sawtooth at a time!" (Zoodles 2006)

noah
(Login noahfuller)

more profitable to sell an entire watch indeed

No score for this post
March 16 2009, 9:19 PM 

Just a "case", hahaha, of the whole is worth more than the sum of the parts ...

You can buy a watch
You can save time
You can spend time
but you can't buy time ..

badern
(Login badern)

Hahaha... good pun :) nt

No score for this post
March 16 2009, 9:34 PM 

kl

noah
(Login noahfuller)

Have you got $25,000us lying around ?

No score for this post
March 16 2009, 9:17 PM 

MOQ on most case to be made is about 300~500pcs
and an extra $1000us for the case mold

with the case cost around $28us it can add up

hands dials ring can be made in smaller amounts and cost must less ...

You can buy a watch
You can save time
You can spend time
but you can't buy time ..

Isthmus
(Login Isthmus)
Banned

Talk to Ramon. he has them...

No score for this post
March 17 2009, 11:52 AM 

I've spoken to him about buying 6309-7040 cases before. IIRC he had them for $50. I'm pretty sure he can source a caseback for you.

[linked image]
GO HOKIES

Rene~
(Login time_watcher)
Banned

Nope.....

No score for this post
March 17 2009, 11:54 AM 

I sent Ramon an E-mail last night and he informed me that he has NO case backs by themselves! Only complete watches!

Isthmus
(Login Isthmus)
Banned

The contact Jose Sotto...

No score for this post
March 17 2009, 1:29 PM 

He might be able to source one for you. BTW, in the mean time you can use an SKX caseback if you want. It is a perfect fit.

[linked image]
GO HOKIES

Rene~
(Login time_watcher)
Banned

Thank you Gabe...............more............

No score for this post
March 17 2009, 1:36 PM 

do you have contact info for Jose Sotto?

Isthmus
(Login Isthmus)
Banned

he is Watchcooking on eBay...

No score for this post
March 17 2009, 3:00 PM 

send him a note through eBay. he is more likely to see it. he might not have one handy so ask him if he can track one down for you. tell him gabe says hello.

[linked image]
GO HOKIES

Rene~
(Login time_watcher)
Banned

Thanks Gabe......

No score for this post
March 17 2009, 3:04 PM 

off to do so right now! Thanks for the tip! happy.gif

OldHippie1968
(Login OldHippie1968)
Banned

I'm having the same luck looking for a case.....

No score for this post
March 17 2009, 4:44 PM 

But, I'm not trying too hard though. I guess if I was I'd be pretty discouraged by now.

Cheers!
Mike

"I may discount bungee jump, but I'll never smoke weed with Willie again"

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to the OSWF  
Find more forums on WatchesCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement