Anime Animation... ???

by McCridhe

Greetings and Salutations! (Say, is it my computer monitor, or is the need to high light the text intentional? Shrug Oh well, I like a good head scratcher...) Well, this is my first post on this group of forums... Grin Hiya!

Well, I'm a tad bit out of the loop on a lot of things. No kids, no nephews or nieces, about the youngest in the family, most of my friends either have adult children or never had any, and I'm over 40. Admittedly, I've side stepped a lot of the Anime sites because... well... The stylings seem to be a tad bit monotonous, kinda hard to read the artist, so-to-speak.

Actually, I started getting picky about the stylings of the traditional cartoonists in the 60's. Took me a while to figure it out, but a lot seemed to do with the craftmanship in line weight usage and the like (and I'll avoid getting into line weight symbology, 'cause then I'll get into talking shop from a drafting tech's view point...). Seemed like the number of frames were reduced, as well. Seemed like a production vs. quality issue. Shrug I can see why, but it's kinda like the difference between fried shimp at a drive in and lobster at a clam bake...

Not much that I can say about it... always longed to learn how to animate, but the resources to learn always seemed out of reach. Now... seems like the Anime is making it more accessible to more folks, and I keep telling myself I should investigate. Wiggling eyebrows All those ideas packed away in the back of my skull...

McCridhe

Posted on Apr 20, 2002, 5:22 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Find more forums on Arts, Literature and CultureCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement