Net 54 Vintage Baseball Memorabilia Forum
Hello to all visitors! This is a moderated forum for the discussion of primarily vintage baseball memorabilia and related topics. All posts in this section may pertain to bats, uniforms, autographs, photos, books, etc.. If you are posting for the first time, please read our list of Forum Rules on our "Rules" page before proceeding. The forum will be moderated mainly to keep its focus. You can directly contact the moderator here if you have any questions or comments. Enjoy!

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index  

Honus Wagner I.W. Harper whiskey trade card...

August 8 2007 at 4:54 PM

(Login base_ball)

Anyone care to weigh in on the authenticity of this item:

It's for sale on eBay and I was all set to bid when I see that the seller's
other items include many of the "suspicious" posters of the sporting genre.

Lelands has sold a couple of these, one of which had a schedule verso and the other
ex-Halper.

Sleeper or sucker?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login aaron1050)

Re: Honus Wagner I.W. Harper whiskey trade card...

August 8 2007, 5:08 PM 

Super fake. Don't ignore all the red flags (ridiculously low current bid for what would normally be a very valuable item, private auction, selling many other fake items, etc.).

(Login smokeyjoewood)

Honus

August 8 2007, 5:14 PM 

Is this the scan of the card or the reproduction poster? The card looks bad, private auction, made to look old, colors look wrong, etc...I think this is a scan of the reproduction poster. Just my opinion.

I own one with a schedule back that I believe to be from the Halper collection, though I did not get it from the auction itself.

(Login base_ball)

Re: Honus Wagner I.W. Harper whiskey trade card...

August 8 2007, 5:20 PM 

The scan above is from one of the Lelands auctions...

Here's the auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320143420545

Check out the seller's other items.

(Login smokeyjoewood)

Wagner

August 8 2007, 5:28 PM 

Very fake.

Sorry I did a quick ebay search and came up with the fake and the repro poster, which looks quite similar to the Leland's scan.

Current Topic - Honus Wagner I.W. Harper whiskey trade card...  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement