Net 54 Vintage Baseball Memorabilia Forum
Hello to all visitors! This is a moderated forum for the discussion of primarily vintage baseball memorabilia and related topics. All posts in this section may pertain to bats, uniforms, autographs, photos, books, etc.. If you are posting for the first time, please read our list of Forum Rules on our "Rules" page before proceeding. The forum will be moderated mainly to keep its focus. You can directly contact the moderator here if you have any questions or comments. Enjoy!
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index  

October Pickups

October 11 2007 at 3:48 PM

Dan Bretta  (Login slidekellyslide)
Network 54 Moderator

Picked up a nice set of 1919 Omaha Central High School football postcards

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Mike H
(Login mjkm90)

Re: October Pickups

October 11 2007, 6:21 PM 

I just picked up this fan on ebay for $14.00. It was in an oddball location that nobody found. You have already seen the pennant, but here it is again.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Dan Bretta
(Login slidekellyslide)
Network 54 Moderator

October 11 2007, 6:53 PM 

Great fan Mike! And something about that pennant strikes me as a little bit "naughty".

Mike H
(Login mjkm90)

October 11 2007, 7:38 PM 

I laughed at the same thing Dan...lol

Dan Bretta
(Login slidekellyslide)
Network 54 Moderator

October 12 2007, 4:07 PM 

My luck is holding out lately as I picked up three Western League baseballs today at a tag sale...one is autographed on the sweetspot by Lou Limmer who held the Lincoln homerun record until Dick Stuart came along in 56.

This is a circa 1920 photo of the Falls City baseball team - got this one from fellow Net54er Clint. Thanks Clint!

The mailman was good to me today also as I got this Joe DiMaggio/Dizzy Dean photo today in the mail. Shows Joe and Diz when they visited the Falstaff Brewery in Omaha in 1954

Got these old spring training snapshots in the mail today also -circa 1955 Red Sox/Reds

Clint
(Login ksfarmboy)

October 13 2007, 3:10 PM 

Dan, those are some good pick ups. The Falls City photo came out pretty nice.

Mike, I like that Cub pennant. I was thinking the same thing as Dan.

Clint

Greg Theberge
(Login HiNeighbor)

October 15 2007, 1:02 PM 

Love that brewery photo Dan, nice pickup.

Here's what I've picked up since April:

As you can see, it's been a reeeeeeeeal slow summer

Dan Bretta
(Login slidekellyslide)
Network 54 Moderator

October 15 2007, 4:08 PM 

Happy Day! Not sure what makes me happier this photo arriving in the mail or the U of Nebraska finally firing AD Steve Pederson.

Anyway this was sold to me as a 1909 Nebraska Indians cabinet photo, but it was a little perplexing to me because it didn't appear to be the same team that I see in some of my other photos and postcards that are from around 1909....as soon as I blew up the photo I could see that this is actually from 1902 and that makes more sense especially considering the type of mount which was cropped out of the ebay photo.

Greg Theberge
(Login HiNeighbor)

October 15 2007, 6:02 PM 

Dan,

Great piece. How on earth are you finding all of this stuff?

Clint
(Login ksfarmboy)

October 15 2007, 6:16 PM 

Dan, I was wondering if you got that or not. Great piece. It would be neat to find that inflatable chest protector.

Clint

Rob Dewolf
(Login wolfie51sb)

October 15 2007, 7:45 PM 

Collectors of Cleveland Indians memorabilia (at least the ones I spend time with) know how tough this book is to find, especially in nice shape.

mabjae
(Login mabjae)

October 15 2007, 8:06 PM 

Ha-ha- ha. Cobbledick.
Sorry, had to do it.

Rob Dewolf
(Login wolfie51sb)

October 15 2007, 8:08 PM 

I think the same thing every time I see Gordo's last name. Have for the past 25 years.

Keith
(Login kjjavic)

October Pickups

October 18 2007, 11:55 AM 

I picked up the followings items at the Reading (former Ft Washington) Show.
By the way, How many of you memoribiliaphiles attend this show?
The best part about this show for me this year was with a few sales, I got some nice pieces for my collection, and came home with more cash then I went with. Gotta love that.

1950's Eagles Gibbs Connor Bank - This has been on my want list for a while.

Circa 1900 Penn Charter High School (a Philly private school) football player photo

Got some various Eagles pins and matchbooks including an unknown to me 1948 Eagles Schedule matchbook, a newer nothing special matchbook, a 1970's Eagles pin, and a large phantom 1980 SB champs Eagles pin

Dan Bretta
(Login slidekellyslide)
Network 54 Moderator

October 19 2007, 4:40 PM 

Picked up some snapshots of a fella with Yogi and Dominick.

Phil Garry
(Login bcbgcbrcb)

October 19 2007, 6:31 PM 

Picked this pin up at the Reading, PA show last weekend .........

Clint
(Login ksfarmboy)

October 21 2007, 12:17 AM 

I just received this surprise today from Dan B. and a couple of his Nebraska Indians recreations. Thanks Dan, that Topeka card is great. It looks to be part of a team set.

Dan Bretta
(Login slidekellyslide)
Network 54 Moderator

October 21 2007, 3:29 AM 

Glad to see you got it Clint. I couldn't find any info on Forrester...you'll have to let me know if you can find anything on him. Here's the other one I picked up. Duff Cooley..I'm guessing there are probably more, and I would assume this to be an uncataloged minor league set (Strawn Photo Company)...I didn't even think to ask the guy where he got them, but I think he'll be set up at the antique show next weekend.

edited out image.

This message has been edited by slidekellyslide on Oct 25, 2007 9:01 PM

Clint
(Login ksfarmboy)

October 21 2007, 10:53 AM 

Dan, I've been looking for a Duff Cooley card for a long time. We may have to work out a trade if possible. Email me.

Thanks Clint

Dan Bretta
(Login slidekellyslide)
Network 54 Moderator

October 21 2007, 12:13 PM 

Clint, check your email.

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index