Net 54 Vintage Baseball Memorabilia Forum
Hello to all visitors! This is a moderated forum for the discussion of primarily vintage baseball memorabilia and related topics. All posts in this section may pertain to bats, uniforms, autographs, photos, books, etc.. If you are posting for the first time, please read our list of Forum Rules on our "Rules" page before proceeding. The forum will be moderated mainly to keep its focus. You can directly contact the moderator here if you have any questions or comments. Enjoy!
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index  

Auction results

October 26 2007 at 6:27 AM

Mike H  (Login mjkm90)

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Aaron M.
(Login aaron1050)

Re: Auction results

October 26 2007, 8:34 AM 

I got the 1929-31 Athletics pinback and press pass.

http://www.mastronet.com/index.cfm?action=DisplayContent&ContentName=Lot%20Information&LotIndex=75827&LastLotListing=Watched%20Lots%20List&CurrentRow=1

Now it's time to gear up for Leland's November auction. I don't know if anyone has stopped by their site for the preview, but it is going to be a monster for memorabilia collectors.

Jimmy
(Login boxingbaseballgolf33)

Auction Results

October 26 2007, 9:07 AM 

I agree the Spalding Trophies when for less then I expected, I think one on eBay went for more last year. In the past I have seen them go for lower prices - but on average there worth 3,000-5,000 unless you have a known players name on them

Jimmy

This message has been edited by boxingbaseballgolf33 on Oct 26, 2007 9:16 AM

Greg Theberge
(Login HiNeighbor)

October 26 2007, 9:36 AM 

Nice pickup Aaron

Mike H
(Login mjkm90)

October 26 2007, 11:47 AM 

You did well Aaron.

I noticed Lelands have that Spalding catcher trophy with the big cut on the front of the ball. It looks like someone tried to cut it with a radial arm saw.

scgaynor
(Login scgaynor)

Also for photographs

October 27 2007, 1:37 PM 

The November Lelands auction is also going to be a monster in sports photography. I just got in 250+ lots of great individual sports photos for the internet only portion. Bidding begins next Saturday.

Mike H
(Login mjkm90)

October 27 2007, 2:11 PM 

Scott. Do you only work through Lelands now? No more consignments from collectors?

scgaynor
(Login scgaynor)

October 28 2007, 1:13 AM 

We stopped taking new consignments for ebay about two weeks ago and probably won't be posting on ebay anymore after the 1st of the year.

August was my 10th year anniversary of selling on ebay and it was a good run. For the past couple of years I had been getting bored with it though. For me, the most exciting aspect of this business is seeing great fresh material. The position that I have with Lelands now allows me to do that on a daily basis.

Also, from a sellers standpoint, the catalog/monthly internet style of auction offers some thing that ebay rarely does anymore, the chance that the price on an item will go crazy. Ebay sniping is a wonderful thing, but it does not compete with the 10 minute rule.

Scott

Mark Steinberg
(Login perezfan)

Thanks Scott

October 28 2007, 4:31 PM 

Scott:
Just wanted to say thanks for your 10 great years on Ebay. As both a consignor and bidder, I have really appreciated your services. I was able to pick up many nice pieces through you, over the years.

Mike:
Did the Spalding Catcher Trophy really go that low in Mastro's? I was the under-bidder, and dropped out when it would have taken a $3,400 bid to be on top. With their commission, this would meant spending over $4,000. Seemed like quite a lot, as the silver finish looked kind of dull and patchy. You are absolutely right about the "Fielder" Trophy... that one could have gone for about $1,500 more!

scgaynor
(Login scgaynor)

October 28 2007, 5:38 PM 

Mark, I appreciate the comment.

Scott

Mike H
(Login mjkm90)

October 28 2007, 6:18 PM 

Is the buyers premium that high!?!? I would call it a $4,300 trophy anyway. They are just real tough to beat. The fielder is in my oppinion the next best and it was a steel.

Mark Steinberg
(Login perezfan)

20%

October 28 2007, 9:40 PM 

I'm pretty sure Mastro's Buyers'Premium is now 20%. So a $3,400 bid would cost over $4K. This darn thing is in my "Top 5" Want List, and this is about the 7th time I have been the under-bidder. But it would take a near perfect example for me to justify that $$. Plus, I never could have afforded the Ruth Clock, which was another on my "top 5 list" before yesterday. So all is good!

davidcycleback
(Login drc1)

October 28 2007, 11:10 PM 

I agree, Scott was always a top notch seller, knowledgeable as anybody and honest. Leland's gain.

Alan
(Login Jewish-collector)

October 30 2007, 1:22 PM 

Scott - Are you ever moving back to Maryland ?

scgaynor
(Login scgaynor)

October 30 2007, 10:43 PM 

I seriously doubt it

I really like Cape Cod. People pay a ton of money just to visit this place for a week during the summer and I get to live here all year. I am only a few miles from the ocean and I can see the bay from the hill above my house. Summers on Nauset beach are too much of a draw for me to move away.

Scott

Greg Theberge
(Login HiNeighbor)

October 31 2007, 8:42 PM 

Scott,

Will you be at Wilmington this weekend?
Greg

Keith
(Login kjjavic)

Wilmington?

October 31 2007, 9:08 PM 

Whats in Wilmington, a show?

scgaynor
(Login scgaynor)

October 31 2007, 9:28 PM 

I will be there, all weekend, stop by and say high.

It is Wilmington MA, the annual Shriners Show.

Scott

Greg Theberge
(Login HiNeighbor)

November 1 2007, 6:28 PM 

See you Saturday morning.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index