Net 54 Vintage Baseball Memorabilia Forum
Hello to all visitors! This is a moderated forum for the discussion of primarily vintage baseball memorabilia and related topics. All posts in this section may pertain to bats, uniforms, autographs, photos, books, etc.. If you are posting for the first time, please read our list of Forum Rules on our "Rules" page before proceeding. The forum will be moderated mainly to keep its focus. You can directly contact the moderator here if you have any questions or comments. Enjoy!

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index  

Babe Ruth Baseball Club Baseball

December 21 2007 at 3:28 AM
chrisd22  (Login chrisd22)

Hey everybody,

I was wondering about the scarcity and value of this ball I have. It is a Spaulding Babe Ruth baseball club ball and has the imprint "Home Run Special" on it, and next to that is the Babe Ruth autograph, which I'm almost sure is a facsimile. I just know it came from his baseball club. If anybody has any more info on this ball, I'd appreciate to know. Thanks.

This message has been edited by chrisd22 on Dec 21, 2007 3:29 AM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

scgaynor
(Login scgaynor)

Re: Babe Ruth Baseball Club Baseball

December 21 2007, 6:04 PM 

Mark Steinberg
(Login perezfan)

Ruth Ball

December 21 2007, 6:32 PM 

It's a desirable ball (obviously, based on Leland's price realized...)

The value is heavily dependent on condition and whether you still have the box. The Leland's example had BOTH going for it, which is incredibly rare.

If you want to post some images of yours, that would be welcomed.

marty quinn
(Login mighty-q)

December 26 2007, 11:35 PM 

hi chris,
is this it??, mine is an officailspalding "babe ruth" home run special ball, mine does have the facsimile sig, it also has a "real" babe ruth sig. the photo might be light to see, but the sig. on mine is a 5...psa/dna cert...pls see the pic

hi aaron, mine is very clean, my box is beat up but fully comlpete with no repair, i have seen about a dozen of these balls over the years, most are toned, mine and the one you found in auction are the cleanest i have seen, the box is ultra rare!! i have been looking for a better one for 4 years now with no luck, this may be as good as it gets.

This message has been edited by mighty-q on Dec 28, 2007 6:42 PM

Aaron M.
(Login aaron1050)

December 26 2007, 11:48 PM 

Marty Quinn, you dog! That is a friggen' awesome piece of sports memorabilia! And here I thought you were just the King of PSA Non-Sports Cards.

To the OP, Marty's ball with the original signature shoots the value through the roof, but your general rule of thumb is the ball (if in clean condition) is worth about $700 - $1,000. If you have the Babe Ruth portrait picture box along with it, then you can double the value (at least).

Aaron M.
(Login aaron1050)

December 28 2007, 5:19 PM 

Here's the most recent sale of the Saplding version I could find -- from last April's Robert Edward Auction. Clean ball and clean box sold for $2,200.

http://www.robertedwardauctions.com/auction/2007/919.html

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement