Net 54 Vintage Baseball Memorabilia Forum
Hello to all visitors! This is a moderated forum for the discussion of primarily vintage baseball memorabilia and related topics. All posts in this section may pertain to bats, uniforms, autographs, photos, books, etc.. If you are posting for the first time, please read our list of Forum Rules on our "Rules" page before proceeding. The forum will be moderated mainly to keep its focus. You can directly contact the moderator here if you have any questions or comments. Enjoy!

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index  

I just listed two books on eBay

December 28 2007 at 1:16 AM
David Smith  (Login ctownboy)

Hello all,

Sorry for posting this here but I thought some people might miss this in the "other" section on the main B/S/T page.

Leon, if you think this is inappropriate, you can delete it.

I know it is dump day but in the Pre-1930's section, I just listed two baseball related books. The first is "A ball player's career" by Cap Anson. The second is "Old Boston Boys and the Games They Played".

The Old Boston Boys book is a Limited Editon. Mine is numbered 183 out of 250 printed.

Both books have reserves, which I think are reasonable considering their condition, rarity and what others have sold for, either on eBay or auctions like Lew Lipset, Mastro and REA.

If you would like more info or better pictures, just E mail me.

David

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
barrysloate
(Login barrysloate)

Re: I just listed two books on eBay

December 28 2007, 10:12 AM 

David- you might want to add your Old Boston Boys is also a 1st edition, as there was a later printing.

David Smith
(Login ctownboy)

December 28 2007, 7:46 PM 

Barry,

Thanks, I will do that.

David

Edited to add. I tried but couldn't change the title or description in the listing because the book has been bid on.

Thanks again, though.

This message has been edited by ctownboy on Dec 28, 2007 7:49 PM

Dan Bretta
(Login slidekellyslide)
Network 54 Moderator

December 28 2007, 8:04 PM 

You should be able to post questions at the bottom of the listing....I just asked if this was a first edition.

CarltonHendricks
(Login CarltonHendricks)

link

December 28 2007, 8:04 PM 

David, I found them but it would be nice to have a link to them, and it would serve you well. Nice books, the Anson one would probably make a good reading copy. (since you're not suppose to actually read rare classis, gasp!)

barrysloate
(Login barrysloate)

December 28 2007, 8:18 PM 

Dan is correct. You can't change, but you can add anything you want.

There were two editions issued in 1906: the numbered version of 250 copies, and an unnumbered one. I always assumed the numbered version was first, but it is possible both editions ran simultaneously, with the numbered copies offered to friends of the author, and the unnumbered copies to the general public. It was also reprinted in 1907 and 1908.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement