Net 54 Vintage Baseball Memorabilia Forum
Hello to all visitors! This is a moderated forum for the discussion of primarily vintage baseball memorabilia and related topics. All posts in this section may pertain to bats, uniforms, autographs, photos, books, etc.. If you are posting for the first time, please read our list of Forum Rules on our "Rules" page before proceeding. The forum will be moderated mainly to keep its focus. You can directly contact the moderator here if you have any questions or comments. Enjoy!
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index  

Old Glove Restoration

January 7 2008 at 12:05 AM
Kyle  (Login kylebicking)

Howdy everyone,

I inherited my grandpa's old glove from the 1930s, and it could use some restoration treatment to give it back some shine and gloss. Does anyone have any experience doing so? I have not research online yet, and figured I ask everyone here first.

Regards,
Kyle

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Mike H
(Login mjkm90)

Re: Old Glove Restoration

January 7 2008, 7:24 AM 

Many glove collectors and dealers recommend Lexol (applied with a soft cloth or very soft bristle brush like a tooth brush) to clean. Keep cleaning over and over until you are happy. Next, apply pure Lanolin or Vasoline to condition after it has dried.

Dan Bretta
(Login slidekellyslide)
Network 54 Moderator

January 7 2008, 9:15 AM 

I cleaned up some gloves very recently with a product called GoJo and a soft bristle toothbrush. Then used some lanolin on them. They all turned out great.

Mike H
(Login mjkm90)

January 7 2008, 1:12 PM 

I've also used GoJo with GREAT results. Fast orange work also.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index