Net 54 Vintage Baseball Memorabilia Forum
Hello to all visitors! This is a moderated forum for the discussion of primarily vintage baseball memorabilia and related topics. All posts in this section may pertain to bats, uniforms, autographs, photos, books, etc.. If you are posting for the first time, please read our list of Forum Rules on our "Rules" page before proceeding. The forum will be moderated mainly to keep its focus. You can directly contact the moderator here if you have any questions or comments. Enjoy!
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index  

Upper Deck Authenticated Mantle SS Ball

May 2 2008 at 7:12 PM
Matt R  (Login plifter)

I have an Upper Deck Authenticated Mantle signed ball. How confident can I be that the signature is legit? It has the hologram and matching COA. Has there ever been any known forgeries of UDA items? I paid $200 over book value to get the Upper Deck Authentication because I thought that was the best way to get make sure the signature was real without having witnessed the signing myself.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
DJ
(Login OJ-Collector)

Re: Upper Deck Authenticated Mantle SS Ball

May 2 2008, 8:52 PM 

No worries with UDA products. Never heard of any forgeries in regards to UDA products. Mantle balls in NM-MT condition with UDA certification have been selling for $600-750 and as much as $900-1000 if with original pouch and box.

davidcycleback
(Login dereb1)

May 2 2008, 10:26 PM 

UDA autographs are signed in person with UDA offical as witness and with the signer under contract to sign. UDA Mantle signed balls are in very high demand.

(Login richsprt)

May 3 2008, 8:07 AM 

DJ - there are no worries about UD products that are signed in person and witnessed by a UD employee.
There are many worries about UD cards with vintage autographs.
I have illustrated many of them on my Autograph News page at:
www.richardsimonsports.com/hofauto2.htm

--

I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.
Unknown author
--
We made a promise. We swore we'd always remember.
No retreat baby, no surrender.
The Boss

davidcycleback
(Login dereb1)

May 3 2008, 10:17 AM 

A Mantle ball with the hologram is the good signed in-person variety. I believe any non-card item (jersey, football, baseball, etc) with the oval UDA hologram was signed in-person.

(Login plifter)

May 11 2008, 10:45 PM 

It's good to hear that there haven't been any problems with UDA Mantle sigs. I know he had a contract with UD in the early to mid 90's up until the time he passed away in 1995. I paid a pretty hefty premium to get a UDA ball because I thought it was the safest way to get a legit auto without actually having witnessed the signing myself. That was worth the extra $200-$300 I paid over the going rate for single signed Mantle balls.

(Login boxingcardman)

Richard's site is great

May 12 2008, 8:41 AM 

For a good laugh, see all the bogus and wrong UD cut cards on there. Yipes!

Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

Current Topic - Upper Deck Authenticated Mantle SS Ball  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index