Net 54 Vintage Baseball Memorabilia Forum
Hello to all visitors! This is a moderated forum for the discussion of primarily vintage baseball memorabilia and related topics. All posts in this section may pertain to bats, uniforms, autographs, photos, books, etc.. If you are posting for the first time, please read our list of Forum Rules on our "Rules" page before proceeding. The forum will be moderated mainly to keep its focus. You can directly contact the moderator here if you have any questions or comments. Enjoy!
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index  

Let's see your displays!

November 29 2008 at 7:25 PM

John V  (Login 457FT)

It's always interesting to see how others display their collections.
I made several of these stands for slabbed cards. The slot in the wood is just wide/deep enough to not pinch the card, while allowing for a slight tilt.

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Joann
(Login jmk59)

Re: Let's see your displays!

November 29 2008, 9:46 PM 

I brought a few less valuable things into work. It really makes a difference in the feel of the office. I don't really display all that much at home.

J

[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image] [linked image]

David Atkatz
(Login murderers_row)

November 29 2008, 9:52 PM 

How are those cards being displayed, Joann? They look great!

Brock G.
(Login griffis16)

November 29 2008, 10:28 PM 

No cards for me but here is some of the figurals and stuff (sorry the pic is kind of big):

[linked image]

Mark
(Login perezfan)

November 30 2008, 1:13 AM 

Great stuff, Brock!

Can you describe the bust under the glass dome on the top shelf (next to the Cardinal?) Looks different, and perhaps rarer than the White HOF Busts.

Thanks for posting!

Brock G.
(Login griffis16)

November 30 2008, 10:17 AM 

Mark,
It is a plaster Bob Feller signed bust. Only $20 on his museum web-site. So not a valuable or rare item but a nice display piece.

Joann
(Login jmk59)

December 1 2008, 6:21 PM 

Thanks David.

They are actually regular 3"x3" frame sets. One is a pyramid and two others are towers. I got some black construction paper and cut 3x3" squares for the background so it wasn't the particle board or whatever showing. There are quite a few 3x3" frame layouts around now (not sure why - 3x3" has never struck me as a standard photo size), and I think they are a perfect size for most T and E cards.

J

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index