Net 54 Vintage Baseball Memorabilia Forum
Hello to all visitors! This is a moderated forum for the discussion of primarily vintage baseball memorabilia and related topics. All posts in this section may pertain to bats, uniforms, autographs, photos, books, etc.. If you are posting for the first time, please read our list of Forum Rules on our "Rules" page before proceeding. The forum will be moderated mainly to keep its focus. You can directly contact the moderator here if you have any questions or comments. Enjoy!
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index  

1905 Giants scorecard

April 6 2009 at 3:12 PM
  (Login DeafSportsCollector)

I just picked this up on ebay last night. I had to have it because Dummy Taylor was in it. I wasnt sure if it was part of the program book? or it was like that back then? I have 1905 NY Giants program book with their own scorecard to fill out-

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=250383361882

Thoughts??

Danny-

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Premier Login leonl)
Forum Owner

to me

April 6 2009, 3:42 PM 

It looks like an ink blotter. It has the same dimensions as one though most of them have a bit different backing. The different backings I have seen are most often on later ones though. Hopefully someone will know definitively.

davidcycleback
(Login dereb12)

Re: 1905 Giants scorecard

April 6 2009, 4:05 PM 

My ignorant guess is it was part of a program. However, many late 1800s scorecards were stand alones, not part of a larger program.

(Login bmarlowe1)

April 6 2009, 5:22 PM 

The Brooklyn lineup tells us that this is exactly 1904.

(Login scgaynor)

April 6 2009, 10:03 PM 

it was probably inserted into the daily paper in the hometown that the game was played.

Scott

(Login slidekellyslide)
Network 54 Moderator

April 7 2009, 10:10 AM 

I think it was probably an insert inside of a program. If it were a newspaper it probably would have identified the newspaper on it somewhere.

Current Topic - 1905 Giants scorecard  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index