Return to Index  

Credit derivatives

October 2 2002 at 12:26 AM

Response to Credit Derivatives

Hi!

I'm also doing my master thesis on credit derivatives, and as a norwegian I thought I should take a look into the norwegian market as well. However, after a fair bit of research I have realised that the norwegian market on credit derivatives is very small. As a matter of fact, as we speak there exist no regulative framework on how to deal with CD in Norway, but according to the Banking, Insurance and Securities Commission of Norway (Kredittilsynet), we are to implement a legal framework similar to that in the Netherlands. I have not started to look very much into the regulative part of my thesis yet, but mainly concentrated on defining and characterising the various instruments based on international literature. I will, however, hopefully have time to look more seriously into the regulative part as well.
If you have any information on CD in Sweden, like trading volumes or regulations, I will be very thankful to hear from you. It would also be interesting to know how you guys will write your thesis, in terms of structure and contents that is. Good luck anyway!!

Regards

Ole-Morten Fardal
Master of Finance
RMIT University, Australia

Respond to this message   
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement