Return to Index  

No correction needed, MaddDog. You were correct.

July 3 2001 at 10:53 PM
Linda 
from IP address 24.4.252.75

Response to Actually, Linda told me about this a while ago

It was at the Gold Circle luncheon. Shorthander was sitting on the other side of him when he said it. However, with that new position at work, I don't know when we will see Shorty posting again....

Sundstrom, my argument was not that Lou did no wrong because of what Stevens said, but that if it was so apparent to Stevens to say "Nothing will keep him here" back in March or April, apparently there is some big issue that was not made public. If his teammates knew he would be gone at the end of the season, don't you think it was obvious? I mean Scott could have said, "I have no idea" or "you'll have to ask Alex that question" or just given some PC generic comment. He didn't. He said he wouldn't be in NJ. He also said it was because Alex was not happy, not because Lou was not happy with him. So, I don't think it is fair to say this was Lou's fault. And, by the way, who are any of us to assess whether Lou screwed up on this one? Is there anyone out there that could do a better job than Lou? If so, why aren't even the AHL teams recruiting you guys as a GM? Not only would you be so much better, but cheaper, too! lol

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Is it possible... - redruM on Jul 4, 12:08 AM
    1. I don't think so. - Linda on Jul 4, 2:23 AM

Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement