looking for help

January 6 2007 at 7:26 PM
No score for this post
Sue Rosar  (Login davidsmom)
from IP address 71.57.245.30

I'm researching my family tree and would like
some information on my uncle. I know that he
was in the Marines & was stationed somewhere in
China/ Philippines in or around 1925-1930.
His name was Steven W. Jandrokovic or could possibly be Steven W Jackson. He changed it to Jackson, but I don't know when he did this.
He was born in either Elizabeth or Brownsville, Pa. and when he came home from the Marines, he
settled in San Francisco, Ca.
He married an Olive Rusler & they had 2 children.
I'm looking to get in touch with his children &
grandchildren.
Any and ALL help would be much appreciated.
thanks for the wife of a Marine,
Sue Rosar

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
K. O'Brien
(Login kobrien1)

Steven Jandrokovic - enlisted 1923

No score for this post
September 12 2007, 12:03 AM 

Ancestry.com has the U.S. Marine Corps Muster Rolls for 1798-1940. I searched the records and found a Steven Jandrokovic who enlisted on April 3, 1923 and served in 18th Co., 2nd Battalion, 5th Regt, 4th Brigade, MCEF, in Sharpsburg, Maryland. I suggest you write to the National Archives to obtain his service record (see instructions at http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/get-service-records.html).

The 1920 census lists Stephen [sic] as the son of John and Jose (?) Jandrokovic (both born in Croatia) in South Brownsville, Fayette County, PA.

I hope this information helps.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on U.S. Marine CorpsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
CHINA MARINES
"Ten thousand gobs lay down their swabs to fight one sick marine" "Ten thousand more stood up and swore, Twas the damndest fight the'd ever seen"
-Tell It To The Marines, Lon Chaney, 1927
Gunny G's Archives
Articles, Stories, Etc.