THE GUNNY G GOOGLE SEARCH!
Google Custom Search

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Fane O'Brien, Marine cook in China, 1946

September 11 2007 at 11:21 PM
Score 5.0 (1 person)
K. O'Brien  (Login kobrien1)
from IP address 208.100.216.212

My father, Fane G. O'Brien, was a Marine (PFC) from Kansas City, Kansas, in 1945-46. He enlisted just days before his 18th birthday. After basic training at Parris Island in the summer of 1945, he went to Camp Pendleton, where his principal duty was cook. In Feb. 1946, he sailed on the President Adams to China, disembarking at Taku Bar and serving (in Tientsin?) as a cook with Hq. Co., Hq. & Serv. Bn., 7th Serv. Regt.; and with Hq. Co., 1st Med. Bn., 1st Mar. Div. He returned to Camp Pendleton in Sept. 1946, sailing from China on the Gen. A. E. Anderson.

He is now deceased (d. June 3, 1984), and I would like to contact other Marines he served with, to gather any stories and memories about him. Please contact me if you have any information about my father's service. Thank you.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on U.S. Marine CorpsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
CHINA MARINES
"Ten thousand gobs lay down their swabs to fight one sick marine" "Ten thousand more stood up and swore, Twas the damndest fight the'd ever seen"
-Tell It To The Marines, Lon Chaney, 1927
Gunny G's Archives
Articles, Stories, Etc.