THE GUNNY G GOOGLE SEARCH!
Google Custom Search

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

1st Marine Air Wing... 1st Division in China

December 29 2000 at 4:34 PM
No score for this post
Robert Melvin Callahan  (no login)
from IP address 152.163.201.61

I am looking for members of the 1st Division who where in China with my husband. He often speaks about different friends that he would like to see once again but refuses to use the computer. I get short story's now and again but not a whole lot. My husband is 76 yrs young and joined the Marines from New Kensington, PA... April 13,1943 to April 13,1946... stationed at Bainbridge,Maryland.. San Diego Naval Air Station, Calif.. Memphis,Tenn., Jacksonville, Fla., New Bern, NC.. Combat duty Asiatic Pacific Area June 22,1945-Mar. 24,1946...Mindanoa, Admidlty Islands, New Guinea, Biak, Marati, Luzon, Okinawa, China(Peping etc)
This would really help him if he could once again reunite with others who served proudly with him.
Thank you for you time in reading this message.
Peace Be With You Piece By Piece
Wife/Sarah Jane

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Lyle Hopkins
(no login)

China Marines

No score for this post
January 4 2001, 12:18 PM 

I was in 1st air wing vmf 115 mag 24 at air base in
peping china 1946.We pulled guard durty on rail road
from tinson china to peping and had f4u in air along
rail way.the commies would blow up the rails and it
took us about three days to make trip if things worked
out o.k. like to hear from any others that was in peping. email mrpolice@bayou.com chief lyle hopkins
ph:318/647/3490 home:318/647/3351 home:email MRJHop@aol.com i still work as chief at age 73.
i was raised in a childrens home in Rustom,La

Chuck Hardesty
(no login)

China Marines

No score for this post
January 4 2001, 4:31 PM 

Lyle, Iwas at West Field in Peiping from October `45 until sometime in `46 and was transferred to South Field until July of `46. I was in SMS12 MAG12 1st MAW in Zamboanga Mindenao and went up to Taku on USS Sheridan in October `45. Came back to the States on USS Gen. J.C. Breckenridge in July `46. Rode a troop train from Dago to Lejeune and discharged 10 August `46. My home address is 1856 Hunter Ave., Mobile, Ala.36606-1331.
Semper Fi.
PS Are you member of the China Marine Association? Just costs $10 a year.

Arnold E. Steele
(no login)

Request for information

No score for this post
December 22 2001, 2:30 PM 

I was a Navy FMF corpsman serving with the Marines 3 1/2 years who sailed from Treasure Island, San Francisco for China on the USS General Breckenridge in the summer of 1946. I recall that the Breckenridge had an accident which involved the port facilities during either docking at or departure from the U.S. I was a replacement for 2nd Bn, 1st Marines in North China, serving with them nearly a year in Tientsin and Peking. I am trying to locate someone or some agency which has the sailing records (date of departure, ports of call, i.e. Manilla, Shanghi, and date of debarkation at Tangu, China)of the Breckenridge during the summer of 1946. I am a member of the China Marine Association. I will appreciate any help you can give me in locating either persons or agencies where I can obtain this information. Thank you. Arnold

Jim Stuart
(no login)

Re: Request for information

No score for this post
November 15 2004, 1:43 PM 

1st marines
As a corpman I was attached to a hosp unit in tinsen-peping=tsingtao from 1945-77..
I would like to hear from you, I am looking for an old buddie from Holland.Mich,
Ray Vandevusse.
we served there in 45-47 and at Great Lakes Medical center together in 50-51,

Hm1 James Stuart

Chuck Otterstedt
(no login)

Was in Tiensin in 1945

No score for this post
September 20 2005, 2:22 PM 

Believe that I left the USA from San Diego on the USS DREW. Went to the Admiralty islands and then up the chain to Mindanoa in the Phillapines. Was with MAG 24 first at Malabang and then to Headquarters Sqd. in Zamboanga. From there to Okinowa and from there to China. Had a one nite stopover in Shanghai. We were the first Marines to go to the French compound. One load on a DC-3. Three enlisted men and the rest officers including one General. We all ate 10 in ones for Two days. Ibecame ill in Oct. and was put in the Hospital and the evacuated to Shanghai. The USS Repose was in Harbor so rec. good care. About 120 patients were sent to Oakland Naval Hospital on a rat infested AKA. Arrived a few days before Christmas and rec a 10dollar check from the Hearst papers.

Lew Klein
(no login)

Breckenridge

No score for this post
August 8 2005, 10:07 PM 

Left China Late July in '46. Breckenridge took us to San Diego . Do not remember anything that I'd consider an accident or damage to ship.

john lee
(no login)

looking for anyone Peiping 1946-1947

No score for this post
February 10 2001, 10:00 PM 

I was with A co Engineers at peiping 1946-1947 Give me an answer

Chief Lyle Hopkins
(no login)

China Marines

No score for this post
February 12 2001, 11:45 AM 

John received your mail. I was stationed at nan wong air base in PEKING vmf 115 1ST Marine air wing.WE had the old F4U the old gull wing air craft.the china air force was also at this base also VMF 214. We received all our supplys from tinsin and they came by way of rail road. We pulled guard duty on the trains. whenwe went in to peking you had to have side arm.At the bus stop if you recall the children would be there "saying no mamy no papy no flight pay you comshaw me g.i.joe>
also some saying i know nice 16 year old school girl
you pay me i take you. I know you remember the"honey
buckets" ALL WE HAD WAS OPEN HEADS.MY E-mAIL
mrpolice@bayou.com office Home MRJHop@aol.com.
thanks,Chief Hopkins

Chuck Hardesty
(no login)

Peiping Marine

No score for this post
February 17 2001, 2:32 PM 

Lyle, there were two airfields at Peiping, Lantienchang [West Field] and Nanyouwan [South Field]. I was at West Field from October `45 until about MAY OF `46 when we all moved to South Field.
West Field was out near the Summer Palace and the Yenching University. That`s where we kept the Japs before they were sent home.
Did you get the application for the China Marine Association?

Chuck Hardesty
(no login)

China Marines

No score for this post
May 1 2001, 6:16 PM 

I`ve got some applications for the association if you want one. Just costs $10 a year.
Semper Fi
Chuck

vincent della torre
(no login)

application

No score for this post
April 8 2003, 3:18 PM 

please send application to,
vincent della torre
48 maple ave
belleville, n.j.
thank you
semper fi vince

LYLE HOPKINS
(no login)

CHINA MARINES MEMEMBERSHIP FORM

No score for this post
July 10 2002, 5:33 PM 

PLEASE SEND ME A MEMEBERSHIP FORM.
LYLE HOPKINS
P.O.BOX 234
MER ROUGE,LA 71261

THANKS,LYLE

robert forte col usmc ret
(no login)

Re: CHINA MARINES MEMEMBERSHIP FORM

No score for this post
August 12 2002, 1:30 PM 

I am intersted in joining the China Marines Association but I am not sure if your site is the right one. If it is, please send me a form. I served as the Naval Attache in Beijing from 1993-1995.

m. e. salenski
(no login)

membership form

No score for this post
April 9 2003, 8:57 PM 

please email me a membership form. Thank you.

Charles Growe
(no login)

Re: membership form

No score for this post
February 7 2004, 10:40 AM 

I used to run Bus stop in Tsingtao l946-48

John Itzel
(no login)

China Marine Membership Form

No score for this post
August 10 2004, 5:04 PM 

Could you please forward information on becomming a member of the China Marine Association. I served in China from 1948-1949. Thanks

Robert E. Waters
(no login)

Re: CHINA MARINES MEMEMBERSHIP FORM

No score for this post
July 31 2005, 5:37 PM 

how do you get a application for the china marine assoc.

Don Dull
(no login)

Membership app for China Marines

No score for this post
August 20 2005, 7:42 PM 

Send sase to:
China Marine Assn.
3 Black Skimmer Ct.
Beaufort, SC 29907

Donald W. Olson
(no login)

Form request.

No score for this post
October 25 2004, 11:00 AM 

I was located in the American Barracks in Tientsin about 7 1/2 months,late 1945/early 1946.Our outfit was a LFASCU attached to the 3rd Amphib. Corps. Are there any of that bunch still around ???
Appreciate your providing this web site.thanks.

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 56 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on U.S. Marine CorpsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
CHINA MARINES
"Ten thousand gobs lay down their swabs to fight one sick marine" "Ten thousand more stood up and swore, Twas the damndest fight the'd ever seen"
-Tell It To The Marines, Lon Chaney, 1927
Gunny G's Archives
Articles, Stories, Etc.